Hanoi Jane Fonda At It Again

LoArmistead

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8699776/

I'm sure most of us know about Jane Fonda and what she did to our troops in the Vietnam war. Well, after a "heartfelt" apology on national television, we thought that this 67 year old hippy had finally hit puberty and grown into a woman with common sense and respect. We were wrong. Now she is starting an anti-war bus tour to speak out against US troops in Iraq. Boy would I like to get m hands on her now, she did a complete 180. Here is a link to the terrible things she did to our soldiers in Vietnam

http://www.1stcavmedic.com/jane_fonda.htm

Here is her story in a nuthsell: During the Vietnam war, Jane Fonda, a powerful media figure and a pro-Communist, travels to the infamous "Hanoi Hilton", a North Vietnamese prison camp in Hanoi, Vietnam. While there she visited with American POW's, and asked them questions on camera like "How does it feel to be a baby killer?" Just before the camera interviews, the NVA soldiers had gotten the POW's, cleaned them up, covered the scars from being beaten, and gave them fresh clothes to send a false message across to the American people that they were actually being treated well. To these "clean", "well-treated" American POW's, Jane asks, "See how these kind people are treating you? Do you still hate them now? I bet you feel very silly for wanting to fight these people now, don't you?" In total, five POW's were interviewed by Fonda. At the end of the interview, Jane went over to shake each of the soldiers' hands. As she shook their hands they each gave her a small slip of paper with the names of their families, asking her to tell their families that they are OK. After the camera stopped rolling is when reports vary. The soldiers say that Jane Fonda handed the slips of paper to the NVA commander, and all but one of them were thus beaten and killed. Fonda, however, claims that she did no such thing, and that the soldiers were beaten because of their actions against the North Vietnamese people. After the war, the one soldier that survived the beatings was released, and upon returning to the USA, challenged Jane to a televised debate over what REALLY happened; needless to say she declined.

Now 30 years down the road she apologizes for her deeds in Vietnam, then turns around to start again what she was doing 30 years earlier. I am tempted to believe the soldiers' word over hers, seeing as she is being so straight forward with us now...

Bottom line, I'm not a fan of Jane Fonda, and I was going to hold back from posting this, hoping that Jane Fonda had turned her life around like she said she has. But now that she is repeating her past, I feel it is warranted to bring her past back to her, and to inform any of you that do not know about this.

I think the ***** should've been tried for treason and hanged, but that's just me.

kerry512.jpg

Hanoi Jane Fonda with her good friend John Kerry during a Vietnam war protest.

hanoijane.gif

Smile Jane, you are sitting in the middle of a group of Communist North Vietnamese soldiers that just brutally murdered several of your countrymen, tha must make you very, very happy. You should run for president on the Democratic ticket.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While it's been uncomfirmed on the slips of paper part, she did call the soldiers babykillers and other things. I agree with Xinul, but that would be a death too merciful...

I give her three days before she's killed by insurgents... or "friendly fire" ;).

EDIT: http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp

517527[/snapback]

I stumbled across that site whil I was searching for pictures, then again the truth goes down to her word against the soldiers'. Most of the NVA soldiers present at the time were killed during Operation Linebacker when the Hanoi Hilton was bombed by US planes.

I got this little snippet from that website up there. I got a kick out of it:

One man who didn't take Fonda's confessions to heart was 54-year-old Michael Smith. While Fonda was autographing copies of her autobiography, My Life So Far, in Kansas City in April 2005 as part of a promotional book-signing tour, Smith, who said he was a Vietnam veteran, waited in line for 90 minutes and then spat tobacco juice on Fonda.

Jane Fonda is a freakin' moron. She needs to go back to whatever planet she came from. Even if people do not like are troops being over there, they could at least support them and not cheer for the other team, you know what I mean? :angry2: :angry2:

I do not think the soldiers now will give her answers after what she did in the past. I agree with the "friendly fire" to take her out within a few days.

they could at least support them and not cheer for the other team, you know what I mean? :angry2:  :angry2:

517541[/snapback]

Either that or just keep your #%&(#%&(@#*%^#$&(@& mouth shut (why let the language filter catch it...random characters has more impact :lol:)

Ahh if only the poor people in Nam had just done to here they they would have 90% of other Americans...shot her @$$ on site...Or put her in a POW camp...with out food, clothes, in the craphole that is the jungle..

There's always that crazy possibility that the war on Vietnam and the war on Iraq were inspired by many other things and initiated by the rulers of a warmongering nation and she decided it was important enough to speak up on it.

I don't like the fact that she insulted people who believed in what they were doing, but the fact remains that there were some incredible atrocities committed in Vietnam, and those soldiers were a public face for the army at that time to speak up against.

Just my $0.02

There's always that crazy possibility that the war on Vietnam and the war on Iraq were inspired by many other things and initiated by the rulers of a warmongering nation and she decided it was important enough to speak up on it.

I don't like the fact that she insulted people who believed in what they were doing, but the fact remains that there were some incredible atrocities committed in Vietnam, and those soldiers were a public face for the army at that time to speak up against.

Just my $0.02

517596[/snapback]

yes there were some atrocities commited, but (referring to my topic about how the media controls Americans' opinions) per capita, the atrocities comitted were extremely rare. It was not fare for the media, the American people (brainwashed by the media), or Hanoi Jane to label the entire United States Army based on a few isolated events.

The media took these few isolated events and warped them into a story that made it appear that every day, every American soldier was toking up, then going out and massacring an entire village, when this was absolutely not the case.

In a sense, the media has done exactly what they try to protect against. They have taken the actions of a select few people in a group (in this case, let's say the squad involved in the massacre at mei lei), and echoed those actions to the American people to make it seem like the entire group (in this case, the entire U.S. Army) is responsible. What is the difference between doing that, and seeing a group of black kids kill a white, then saying that the entire black race is a race of savages and murderers. What's the difference between that and seeing what Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold did at columbine, then reporting it to look like every white male teenager in the country is going to kill their classmates?

The fact remains that if a majority of the media doesn't like something, i.e. the Vietnam War, the Iraq War, George Bush, the 2nd Amendment, etc... they ae going to do what they need to do to demonize it in the public's eyes. That is why the media is a very pwerful tool, because there are a LOT of ignorant people in this country who just don't have the time to sit there and search for an unbiased report on something. They rely on the media to give them the facts on CNN and MSNBC, and they don't get the facts there. They get a liberally spun web of BS that makes it look like everything our president is doing is going badly. If they wanted to, they could convince half of America that George Bush is actually a fat woman in a Dumb-Texan costume, and the American people would believe it. The story would be backed up by Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton, and next thing you know you have Michael Moore making a movie entitled "Bush is Actually a Woman", and the subject of it would be how the Sugar Ant is going extinct. The movie would be a huge hit in leftist America with the media raving "Michael's new movie hits the nail right on the head! and REALLY shows the stupidity of George W Bush! Props to Mike! He is the lefts' Rush Limbaugh!!11!11!"

(You really have to have a thought process like mine, an understanding of how the media works, and a wacky sense of humor to understand what I meant by that)

It an american freedom to be able to disagree with the war, I understand that. Its a american freedom to be able to protest the war, in a peaceful maner. But it is not an american freedom to go and protest against the soldiers who have put their lives out on the line to protect that freedom. Free speech and freedom of expression dosnt give you the right to do or say anythign you want. Freedom comes with responsibility.

Also does anyone else find it od that her protest comes right before the release of her book? Protesting the war or just creating publicity for her books?