Oc P4 2.4 533 @ 3ghz+? Help?

youngyoda

Hello!.. First Time Poster Long time lurker. Ok My Question is for some of you 3ghz ppl.

For people who made it to 3ghz+ how would you go about pushing this system to 3ghz+

I can get it to goto 2.98 [166x18 1.7v] but it

dunno is your 2.4 is going to make that.. ;)

well uhm, higher , cpu, fsb, memory settings, and all the voltages ..

by doing this you 'll need some veryyy good cooling, most likely i would sujest you have watercooling, because with aircooling you're never going to make it.

after you 've tryed some of these things, run a 3d mark, and sisoftbechmark. if system sounds stable, and stays "active" no crashes or reboots, you may tell us you temps.. and then we can say if you should lower or if you're able to higher some settings

greetz

what the hell. i have never heard of a Geforce 4 4800. I have pretty much teh same rig as you. I thought about pushing mine to 3 ghz but i realized, what the heck is the difference. 2.9 and 3, omg. A real 3.06 proccessor has hyper threading techno. a .13 burst proccessor like this isnt going to make a diff. between 2.9 and 3.

Let's get it together guys....

You can OverClock that 2.4GHz to 3GHz--note attachment. You'll have to raise you core voltage--whichincreases the temperatures of your processor...which brings us to COOLING....

Having adequite cooling is a NECESSITY!!!! After you've reached these requirements

completing a [full] benchmark should be accessable. If your system is still unstable

reduce you FSB until it's stable.....This is why we all recommend that increase the

FSB slowly. Your current temps are acceptable for a P4--I've seen mine hit 73*C....

Let's get it together guys....

You can OverClock that 2.4GHz to 3GHz--note attachment. You'll have to raise you core voltage--whichincreases the temperatures of your processor...which brings us to COOLING....

Having adequite cooling is a NECESSITY!!!! After you've reached these requirements

completing a [full] benchmark should be accessable. If your system is still unstable

reduce you FSB until it's stable.....This is why we all recommend that increase the

FSB slowly. Your current temps are acceptable for a P4--I've seen mine hit 73*C....

I have pretty much the same setup as the guy. (2.4, 1 gig rdram) I also am aiming for 3 ghz. Do you think a volcano 7 would get it up there. or do i have to spend the extra hundred for water?

It depends on how much money you got...I have a v7+ and my vcore is all the way up and it does not affect my temps :D Lucky enough that only costs about 30$ If you want a better cooling solution you will have to go with Swiftech..Dunno how much but thats on the heatsink then you need to buy a fan...I recommend you buy a Tornado if you do..maybe the other guys could give you more input on that...I bought the V7+ and am very satisfied with it...

I have almost the same issue. I cannot take it any further that about 162fsb. It will boot @ 164-165 but not stable. Running vcore at max allowed by board 1.75v.

Anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can do to squeeze out at least 3ghz.

By the way the mb is a Gigabyte GA-8Inxp.

My 2.4a was able to hit 3GHz and my 2.53 easily hits 3GHz. I agree on the cooling issue. That HSF isn't the greatest for cooling IMO. Also, your RAM may be contributing to your failure to exceed 2.8GHz. You will need to increase your Voltage not only to your CPU, but your AGP and Memory. Watch your temps. Get a better HSF. Corsair, Crucial, OCZ memory will help out as well. Good luck!