+12v Rail Fell During Vacation

I just got back from an approx. 40 day vacation, leaving my gaming machine at home to collect dust. It wasn't powered up at all and as far as I know, it wasn't tinkered with. I have a good power supply, the SilverStone Zeus ST65ZF 650W and before I left for vacation, its volts were over 12 i think. Right now I have 2 programs saying the volts are at 11.71.

Is this caused from having it sitting arround and do i need to let it "burn in" again. Please help me out. Thanks.

Edited by krazymonkey500

Well there is your problem right there. Use a digital multimeter to measure your voltages.

515581[/snapback]

How much do you think those cost, I know you can get them at radioshack. I never had a problem with the software before. It just suddenly changed like that.

It's possible that your rails were never that stable to begin with and the software was always wrong. Of course, you can just hope the software is wrong NOW and that your PSU is just fine.

Last time I checked, multimeters didn't exactly cost that much. Either go to Radio Shack and take a look at the price or ask around here for some online place to get it cheaper.

Guest Silenc3

Software aint right!

My vcore this morning was 1.61, its now at 1.46..according to software, now with an OC of 4ghz I can tell you right now the software is wrong :P

Software aint right!

My vcore this morning was 1.61, its now at 1.46..according to software, now with an OC of 4ghz I can tell you right now the software is wrong :P

515593[/snapback]

ha you were OC'd, software gets screwy once you OC unless you have an OC program yadayadayada