I Want To Learn To Program

Guest Flashstar

Guest Flashstar

This guide that I found is great because it teaches you everything about programming, and then goes into the specifics of c++.

Here's a link. See what you think about it.

http://newdata.box.sk/bx/c/

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A thing about programming is that starting out easy is not a wise idea. Starting out with a language that most all other languages are based upon, but dosn't have anything like OOP in it, like C for example, is good.

Just wait for Markies input. It's 6:30 already over there.

The Motherland.

514892[/snapback]

:lol: haha. Sleeeeep is good!

Me personally? I just wouldn't bother with VB. I'm not really sure it does teach you any programming concepts any easier? I'm pretty sure you'd be able to learn all the same concepts starting with C and I don't think it will really be any harder starting there, if you've got the right books and things.

You can get very far into C++ without doing stuff like that if you want.

Are we not then basically talking about getting far in to C? I always thought C++ was all about object orientation, classes, inheritance and all that...

Polymorphism on the first day is a bit extreme though :) It's not quite that bad!

But meh. I don't know. We've had "I want to program" threads before and VB always seems to get recommended. I really do need to go and have a shower though. I've just woken up and my hair..... is amazingly wild.

i'd recommend java... but as far as how you learn it... I dont have the fortitude to teach myself a programming language, I had to take a class and get graded in order to keep my attention/work applied to it.

Does no-one listen to the sexy people (markiemrboo and yours truly) anymore?

Java differs greatly from C, in the fact that classes are used for EVERYTHING, and you get less power.

515005[/snapback]

Since when did you become such a programming nazi KB? Your parents may have to get you a new hat collection because your head seems to be getting bigger.

And as far as Java, I think you're right, but for the wrong reasons. What does using classes have to do with less power? That just doesn't make any sense.

I didn't say that they give you less power.

Java in itself seems to have less power than C. Then again, I've never worked with it much.

PS No, my hat's fine right now. And I became a programming Nazi when I saw people thinking that BASIC was a good starter programming language. HEIL MARKEH!

We had a crappy Java programming book for our class, but our teacher gave us a lot of assignments that weren't in the book, she was a programmer for Wachovia and Sara lee before she came to teach at our school