Sign in to follow this  
flashystylez

Whats A Good Cooler For This Video Card?

Looking to overclock this puppy more and safely at that for my cousin. Stock frequencies on this is 350 core/ 700 memory. I took off the HSF unit, and took off all the crap white grease that was barely on it, and slapped some AS5 on them, and reseated the hsf. I got it to 380 core/780 memory. Above that, I start to get artifacts. I unlocked all 16 pipes and all 6 shaders, so all thats left is to get more out of it. What is a good aftermarket cooler that will allow me overclock even further!?

I got my x700 a arctic cooler, it worked pretty great till it just died on me, the fan just stopped working...couldnt figure out why...

hmm...how do you unlock pipes? i guess i mean on ATI's....

been wondering how to do that

I got my x700 a arctic cooler, it worked pretty great till it just died on me, the fan just stopped working...couldnt figure out why...

hmm...how do you unlock pipes? i guess i mean on ATI's....

been wondering how to do that

514728[/snapback]

im not sure if ATI is covered, but I unlocked my 6800 with a program called RivaTuner.

if you go with the silencer you will need the NV5 silencer as the others wont fit i know this cause i have the bfg 6800OC and NV% silencer and i too was running around 50C stock cooling and this dropped my temps by a good 10C but i havent tried to OC it yet either

i had that zalman before i built my watercooler it dropped the temp about 5* on my 6800 but i never tried overclocking with it though im sure it could handle it.