Sign in to follow this  
HR-rash1k

I Have Always Wondered Why...

GM cars dont break down after 3 years. I have a 1986 Olds that runs like the day my parents got it, other than the fact you have to use it every day, or the batery will die.

: :withstupid: You spelled it right, but its capitolized, cuz its a proper noun:

514666[/snapback]

If you are going to correct grammar, you should spell it right. The word is capitalize. Capitol is like the capitol of a state or country.

what the hell u mean impossible?

ford owns mazda (33% of it)

mazda uses ford parts (atleast in my dads 626 and my cousins protege)

took this off a site:

BMW owns:

-BMW

-Mini

-Rolls Royce

Daimler/Chrysler owns:

-AMC (brand discontinued -- Chrysler bought AMC primarily for the Jeep brand which was owned by AMC)

-Chrysler

-Dodge

-Eagle (brand discontinued)

-Hyundai (Daimler/Chrysler only owns 10% --13 May 04 changes!)

-Jeep

-Maybach

-Mercedes-Benz

-Mitsubishi (Daimler/Chrysler owns 37%)

-Plymouth (brand discontinued)

-Smart

Fiat owns:

-Alfa Romeo

-Ferrari

-Fiat

-Lancia

-Maserati

Ford owns:

-Aston Martin

-Ford

-Jaguar

-Land Rover (bought from BMW)

-Lincoln

-Mazda (Ford owns 33% of Mazda)

-Mercury

-Volvo cars

Fuji Heavy Industries owns:

-Subaru

General Motors owns:

-Buick

-Cadillac

-Chevrolet

-Daewoo (GM owns 44%)

-Fiat (GM owns ~20%) (GM has decided to divorce itself from Fiat as of Feb '05)

-Fuji Heavy Industries (GM owns ~20%)

-GMC

-Holden

-Hummer

-Isuzu (GM only owns a percentage)

-Oldsmobile (brand discontinued)

-Opel

-Pontiac

-Saab

-Saturn

-Subaru (GM owns 20%)

-Suzuki (GM only owns a small percentage)

-Vauxhall

Honda owns:

-Acura

-Honda

Hyundai owns:

-Hyundai

-Kia

Nissan owns:

-Infiniti

-Nissan

-Renault (Nissan owns 15%)

PSA Peugeot Citroen owns:

-Citroen

-Peugeot

Porsche is an independent company (they do work very closely with VW, however)

Renault owns:

-Nissan (Renault owns 44%)

Toyota owns:

-Daihatsu (~51%)

-Lexus

-Scion

-Toyota

Volkswagen owns:

-Audi

-Bentley

-Bugatti

-Lamborghini

-SEAT

-Skoda

-Volkswagen

514732[/snapback]

One more thing, Kia is a GM company. My brother works for the local GM dealers, so I am not just pulling that out of my butt.

6. 2001 F-250 Platinum Edition (Texas/Oklahoma/New Mexico local model) - Great great truck.  Lot's of power, packin the 6.8L V-10, reliable, just...all-around greatness.

514976[/snapback]

How do you have a platinum edition of a truck? What does that mean? IMO, no TRUCK should have a platinum edition, that's something that should come on a lexus, or benz. Trucks should have "diamond plate" editions, or STEEL editions.

How do you have a platinum edition of a truck?  What does that mean?  IMO, no TRUCK should have a platinum edition, that's something that should come on a lexus, or benz.  Trucks should have "diamond plate" editions, or STEEL editions.

514985[/snapback]

It's just a name my man lol. Dodge has a Texas Edition, Ford has the Platinum Edition. The onlything special about it is it pretty much has top of the line everything on it. Off-road packagae, largest available engine, it has the tutone "platinum" paint color on it, the seats are fancy leather with "Platinum Edition" embroidered on them. One of the first truck models they offered a 6-disc cd changer, etc etc etc. Radio had RDS, blah blah.

" I drive a 93 bmw, with 120k Miles and it runs like a beauty "

(I used to beat those with an 88 Oldsmobile with the 3.8 transverse mount in it.)

Im a die hard GM fan. Had problems with all 6 fords that Ive owned.

Foreign cars are too expensive parts wise for my taste.

I currently own a 94 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi (3.8 Supercharged) that will beat almost anything out there will all the comforts of home in it and a whopping 190,000 miles. Runs awesome.

Also have a 94 Chev Silverado, Z71, 4x4, extended cab. 240,000 Miles, looks and runs like new.

Bottom line. Tank care of your chevy and it will take care of you.

PS: Its great to race someone who spent $30,000 on their car and I only spent $8000. AND WIN! Man do they get pi$$y. ;)

woohooo, courtesy of Big-boys

pic1288.jpg

515085[/snapback]

^ :lol::lol::lol: Thats hilarious!

" I drive a 93 bmw, with 120k Miles and it runs like a beauty "

(I used to beat those with an 88 Oldsmobile with the 3.8 transverse mount in it.)

Im a die hard GM fan.  Had problems with all 6 fords that Ive owned.

Foreign cars are too expensive parts wise for my taste.

I currently own a 94 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi (3.8 Supercharged) that will beat almost anything out there will all the comforts of home in it and a whopping 190,000 miles.  Runs awesome.

Also have a 94 Chev Silverado, Z71, 4x4, extended cab.  240,000 Miles, looks and runs like new.

Bottom line.  Tank care of your chevy and it will take care of you.

PS:  Its great to race someone who spent $30,000 on their car and I only spent $8000. AND WIN!  Man do they get pi$$y. ;)

515027[/snapback]

ur prolly thinking of the 318i's yeah a oldsmobile could be those, since their only 4 cylinders

The Inline 6 One's tho, yeah their fast, but you've prolly beat some 318i's thats for sure,

but not any of the inline sixes

One thing for sure though, those bmw m3's are really freakin fast, I want one

3.3 liter pushing out 356 HP only an inline 6 too

well, with the size of some of our lamp posts.....yes, actually, i think they might!!

and even if the smaller ones didnt...the engine bay would have a large lamp-post shaped crater running back to the dash! :lol:

514982[/snapback]

and that's why all the "tubes" on the front end are not actually hollow they're actually bent steele rods! sure it's heavy... but I've hit tree stumps as big around as an adult... uprooted em and kept going! about the only thing that's actually stopped me was a rock that had to of been as big as a VW bug... darn thing mangled my front end skid plate today :( oh well, that's why it goes on a reciever and can be replaced without any tools in 1 min or less (one of those things I always keep a spare in the back of the truck).

Not sure what they had but they were plenty pi$$ed, pulling up next to me at the light filipping me the bird and such....one guy even hung his a$$ out the window....LOL

Also have a 94 Chev Silverado, Z71, 4x4, extended cab.  240,000 Miles, looks and runs like new.

515027[/snapback]

Ohh is it red? :D (aka like mine)

If you are going to correct grammar, you should spell it right.  The word is capitalize.  Capitol is like the capitol of a state or country.

One more thing, Kia is a GM company.  My brother works for the local GM dealers, so I am not just pulling that out of my butt.

514983[/snapback]

Kia is Hyundai... another (if not the BIGGEST) korean auto maker.