Sign in to follow this  
HR-rash1k

Check

then you are hear to learn. you should come in with the intention to say that you have limited know how in these computers but you got one kick butt system and need help understanding all of these systems and need the support of the community here to help guide you. or what ever in your own words its just the way you came in felt threatening.

then you are hear to learn. you should come in with the intention to say that you have limited know how in these computers but you got one kick butt system and need help understanding all of these systems and need the support of the community here to help guide you. or what ever in your own words its just the way you came in felt threatening.

515433[/snapback]

thank you!

i guess having a server computer and money is not everything :D

as you see, my sig is updated :)

Edited by HR-rash1k

Guest Silenc3

Nothing special

If its expensive, that doesnt mean its the best.

im nothing like that, im not a computer expert of any kind, my knowledge is very limited

515431[/snapback]

Saying something like that will get you more respect around here than anything else. There's absolutely nothing wrong with not knowing, but admitting it is VERY respectable. I think you'll find that people respond very well to you asking questions about your rig. We'd love nothing more than to help you get those benchmark scores higher :P So if you have any questions, start firing away.

Either way, It's really nothing new. I drool and stare when I see BigReds computers.

Saying something like that will get you more respect around here than anything else.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with not knowing, but admitting it is VERY respectable.  I think you'll find that people respond very well to you asking questions about your rig.  We'd love nothing more than to help you get those benchmark scores higher :P  So if you have any questions, start firing away.

515450[/snapback]

thank you very much again, im very pleased...again

computer experts are best people i suppose :)

i have always wondered, is it true that overclocking voids your warranty and that overclocked parts break?

i have always wondered, is it true that overclocking voids your warranty and that overclocked parts break?

515453[/snapback]

Yes, however the manufacturer will never know, and no, not if done correctly.

Yes, however the manufacturer will never know, and no, not if done correctly.

515457[/snapback]

"if done correctly" so theres is a bad way and a good to overclock

how do you overclock anyways :blush:

**Edit** actually i know about nvidia force ware that lets you overclock only when you test your videocards plus it overclocks only to the point when its unstable. that's all i know about overclocking. i have forceware installed on my HD by i never used because i dont know how **Edit**

Edited by HR-rash1k

its an exteme edition it has 2MB of cache and everything else:)

7800gtx SLI is nice and $1100 is not that much you wont have to upgrade your computer for 5 years

PSU? oh the power supply its sweex gold 600W for PCI express

514633[/snapback]

in five years time we might not even have the same architecture for pc's at all...

think BACK five years... even if you have like 8 GeForce3's SLI'd together (lol) it wouldn't really amount to much... five years ago one of my machines was running windows 98 ... five years ago a 300W psu would do most of the time...

in five years time we might not even have the same architecture for pc's at all...

think BACK five years... even if you have like 8 GeForce3's SLI'd together (lol) it wouldn't really amount to much... five years ago one of my machines was running windows 98 ... five years ago a 300W psu would do most of the time...

515461[/snapback]

lets take it further lol TEN years ago i was 14 years old, i had absolutely no idea about computers, george w. bush, paris hilton, or even 50 Cent for god's sake. forget the MTV! ORANGE REVOLUTION lol !!

chill out i just said it just because

Well like i said, the only thign i see "wrong" is the Intel over AMD for gaming uses...but heck what's 20fps when your that high already to begin with...well nothign now, but in the future it could mean something.

Now lets get some pictures of it, and then the wiremanagement freaks will tell you how crappy that looks in hopes of inspiring you to "make it better" :D Then you can OC it, do other "visual" modifications, and maybe even become one of the ppl around here that can REALLY act like know-it-alls bc they actually do :D

Oh and keep in mind that almost all of the Intel's SUCK and that's all they say crowd have never even used one in their main rig.....(alot of the same is true about the diehard Intel boys...)

EDIT ok i was oof and on typing that while you guys were posting (last 3 or so) :lol: (yeah that's my only comment :))

Edited by cchalogamer

"if done correctly" so theres is a bad way and a good to overclock

how do you overclock anyways :blush:

**Edit** actually i know about nvidia force ware that lets you overclock only when you test your videocards plus it overclocks only to the point when its unstable.  that's all i know about overclocking.  i have forceware installed on my HD by i never used because i dont know how **Edit**

515458[/snapback]

The whole idea of overclocking is to push your hardware to its limit slowly, and testing it very carefully the whole way. That way, when you get to its limit, you will know. Most people do damage by pushing their gear way too far and not testing. When they do this, they usually don't know they've gone too far until they do real damage. If you go slow and test regularly, you'll know as soon as you've gone too far, and you can back off.

For a processor, this means raising speeds until you become unstable. Then, you can either stop there, or you can up your voltage and go higher. If you push your voltage higher, you have to watch your temperatures because more voltage will give more heat, and we all know heat is bad. With a processor, there are tons of stress tests designed to see if your overclock is stable. So you can keep upping speeds, testing every time, and knowing right away if you're unstable.

For a video card, it's roughly the same, but testing it is not quite as easy. When a video card is "unstable", it will show video defects in games, so that's how you test them. There's no test to run that will just say stable or not, so you just have to watch for defects as you play games or run benchmarks. The good news is that apart from some video glitches, an unstable video card won't cause any harm to your system. But an unstable cpu on the other hand, can cause lots of goofy problems.

Anyways, that's kind of a quick quick overview, but does that make sense?