Check

hmmm, never heard of that soundcard before. I would've gotten the soundblaster audigy 4 instead paired with a nice 7.1 surround sound system. Those additional items do cost some money, but I still think I could manage to build a system for less than $7,000.

514651[/snapback]

one reason i got that soundcard(220 euros) is becase i have the akg headphones (115 euros actually) and their OM is 600 instead of regular 55. Why headphones? i live in an apartment, thats why

and dont forget i live in ukraine where prices are, well, "surprising" for an american user. i got best deals in kiev for all the stuff primarly because of my clan connections, and i think 7K was an optimal price to pay

Edited by HR-rash1k

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the crystals ona fx 57???

theres a internal heat spreader on a fx57 so there is no chance that you could break the core....

for 7k

dfi sli delux 200

fx 57 1000

2x 7800gtx 1200

gelie 4800 2x 1gb 500

pcp&p psu 500

2 160gb sataII hdd in raid 0 220

dell 2005fpw 800

the hda x-mystike soudn card120

water cooling 450

case 200

and that would be about.. 5190$$

for 7k

dfi sli delux 200

fx 57 1000

2x 7800gtx 1200

gelie 4800 2x 1gb 500

pcp&p psu 500

2 160gb sataII hdd in raid 0 220

dell 2005fpw 800

the hda x-mystike soudn card120

water cooling 450

case 200

and that would be about.. 5190$$

514659[/snapback]

read my last reply and you will get it all

its an exteme edition it has 2MB of cache and everything else:)

7800gtx SLI is nice and $1100 is not that much you wont have to upgrade your computer for 5 years

PSU? oh the power supply its sweex gold 600W for PCI express

514633[/snapback]

The problem with the exteme edition is I think there not 64-bit and when 64-bit operating system become more popular and 64-bit games come out you'll have to get a new proccessor.

7800gtx SLI is nice and $1100 is not that much you wont have to upgrade your computer for 5 years

Unless they come out with somthing faster then PCI-Express

Unless they come out with somthing faster then PCI-Express

514796[/snapback]

What is the point of even saying that?

What if they come up with something better than skt939, ddr, atx 2.0, usb, etc?

PCI-E is brand new, it's not going anywhere.

What is the point of even saying that?

What if they come up with something better than skt939, ddr, atx 2.0, usb, etc? 

PCI-E is brand new, it's not going anywhere.

514807[/snapback]

I know it came out a year ago but they make new things so fast these days.

I know it came out a year ago but they make new things so fast these days.

514841[/snapback]

I understand that... but it really just seems like you're looking for something negative to say. I mean basically what you said was "yeah you've got the best on the market, but what if they make something better?".... that's true of any product you'd buy anywhere... so what's the point in even saying it?

Guest Raven65
i especially did not choose athlon because of their warranty issues plus for me as not very experienced user i had all the chances to break fx-57 crystal.

Dude I also read you sig. You are trying to brag. you might be proud of your computer but most of us around here build and own 3 or 4, some even 10 to 20. So what you have is no big deal. what r u 15 or something?

514867[/snapback]

:withstupid:

Seriously. I understand if there are some markups for these parts in the Ukraine, but dude, your system isn't exactly something to be proud of. If you had like a dual-Opteron system with 8 gigs of RAM, a RAID 5 setup with a bunch of Raptors, all of it being cooled by a combination of a custom-built water cooling system and phase change, THEN it would be a system worth bragging about. You just have a really expensive computer.

If you want to see computers to brag about, look up BigRed. He's got this server that holds 8 dual-core Opterons, a crapload of RAM, and God knows what else. THAT is something worth drooling over.

I don't want to sound mean. Your system may be amazing to everybody in the Ukraine, but to us in the UK and US, it's nothing special; just an overpriced computer whose choice of parts could have been better selected

that reminds me of big red for some reason kashk

514873[/snapback]

Yea, he made a thread about selling four of the dual-core Opterons that he bought by "accident" at a 4 for the price of 3 deal, which still came to a the "bargain" price of 6 grand. He then described what he actually wanted to do with 8 dual-core Opterons. Needless to say, I think 99% of us here were left speechless.......

i especially did not choose athlon because of their warranty issues plus for me as not very experienced user i had all the chances to break fx-57 crystal.  so it will be intel for me

514639[/snapback]

you have got to be kidding me.

warrenty issues with amd? do you have ANY clue how easy they are to work with?

and yeah, sli'd 7800gtx's are nice, but 512mb per card 6800 ultras are nicer :) I've got both sets. the 7800's just crank the heat up. a 512mb x850xt pe in a crossfire setup is even better yet :)

and a 2mb cache Pentium 4 EE? you do realize that's the L3 cache right? you know how many programs use an L3 cache? seriously? less than a dozen. and most are made by adobe and autodesk. not a single one of them is a game. nice job on spending that much for a 32bit workstation chip for a gaming machine.

and it wasn't an accident with the opterons. I recieved the first 4 to get the server started (supplier only had 4). I wanted all 8 matched. so I'm selling the first 4 opterons and keeping the matched 8.