What A Scare!

MadMan

Today I was playing Unreal Tournament 2003 and forgot when I was on the phone, that I turned the V7 down to low...And also had been running Winamp simultaneously, when all of a sudden my system started beeping really really loud!!!!!! I quit UT immediatly and started up Sandra to see my temps and thats when I realized what I had done...My temps were up in the 70's!!!!!!!!! Did I almost kill it? Its oced too....2.3 ghz

Its back to normal now...The temps are back to 39 idle and about 50 load...But it my stupid mistake to leave it on the Low setting for the hsf...I just do not want to blow this proc out...Right now I am sorta on a tight budget and don't have 200$ for a proc...Would be nice though

Its back to normal now...The temps are back to 39 idle and about 50 load...But it my stupid mistake to leave it on the Low setting for the hsf...I just do not want to blow this proc out...Right now I am sorta on a tight budget and don't have 200$ for a proc...Would be nice though

ghehe, well you learn from your mistakes,

at this point you know your cpu can/could go till 70

I think the newer kind of proccessors and motherboards have a safety build in. the P4 should decrease it's performance by itself. the AMD should tun off before it get's fried. I wouldn't recommand trying if it works though. I think you can still dammage them.

with 70C I would have pulled the power cord Immediatly.

my sytem did run at 61 a time ago. that scared me already.

lapping the heatsink worked good.

I forgot to turn up the RPM on the Volcano 7+ and Tornado while playing UT2K3.

All of sudden the game cut off and I was nervous. I checked my temps and they

were somewhere aroung 73*C.... Lesson learned....always turn the fans UP!