Asus Outta The Picture?

So basically, it's been 2 years since I've really been back on these forums (I've got an itchy finger to upgrade my computer again ).

Two summers ago, all I remember is people saying a7n8x deluxe this and a7n8x deluxe that - and that's what my current computer has right now. I've been very very pleased with my computer, and decided to go and see what Asus has to offer right about now.

Went to their website and found this puppy: A8N-SLI Deluxe

But um, I don't see the same amount of people backing asus....so what happened? Is there someone out here now that's basically become the new king? I'm not saying asus was king...just....eh, sorry if i offended your choice in mobo's =)

I was thinking about getting the AMD 64 3800+ (the new venice chip)....since I've also been very happy with AMD - minus the chip running a bit hot...probably due to my lack of cooling abilities. Anyone with any suggestions - I've read a lot of people mentioning the DFI lanparty thingy.

Thanks,

blip

ya to my thought dfi is the king of the hill right now for ocing

dfi nf3 ultra-d s939 for agp people

dfi nf4 ultra-d (sli) for pci-e \ sli people

coures i havent seen any bad reviews about the asus a8n-sli and to my thought would do very well too

I was kinda wondering the same thing. My Guess is that there is just more competition now the boards are more even from company to company. Two years ago (when I built my comp also) there wernt many boards that held up to asus. I think its just the other companies have stepped it up. But I could be wrong.

I was kinda wondering the same thing.  My Guess is that there is just more competition now the boards are more even from company to company. Two years ago (when I built my comp also) there wernt many boards that held up to asus.  I think its just the other companies have stepped it up.  But I could be wrong.

514314[/snapback]

I guess that could be one explanation, I just might go back to asus because I'm not sure how much OC'ing I'll do anymore (I'm tired of the loud fans).

If you think about it, amd 64 3800+ with 2 gigs of ram and a x700 or x800 will be a very noticeable upgrade from my amd 2800+ 1 gig of ram and geforce 4200 (4x agp).

2 things happened to Asus (one of which made DFI that much better).

first they got over confident, second is they lost thier top 2 engineers to DFI (Abit lost thier top dog to DFI as well).

Guest Flashstar

Abit is also very good as well so I wouldn't hesitate to go with them if I had a choice.

first they got over confident, second is they lost thier top 2 engineers to DFI (Abit lost thier top dog to DFI as well).

514390[/snapback]

And that explains why DFI is the king of OCing right now. :)

Asus is still ok and stable if you don't OC, but to be honest I personally wouldn't own an Asus 64bit board. They just haven't caught up with MSI and DFI in the 64bit realm yet.

And that explains why DFI is the king of OCing right now. :)

Asus is still ok and stable if you don't OC, but to be honest I personally wouldn't own an Asus 64bit board. They just haven't caught up with MSI and DFI in the 64bit realm yet.

514397[/snapback]

One of my UT clanmates is rocking an 800MHz overclock on an Athlon64 on an A8N-SLI so I wouldn't go as far to say they are bad overclockers.

514390[/snapback]

exactly why my next board will be a DFI :D