Cb Radios

Propane

I was wondering if it is possible to put an attena inside your car and have it still recieve a signal...

I want an attena but dont want to make my car look crappy...

wait, you want to install a "redneck" communication system on a BMW?

if you did I can't blame you for wanting to hide it. around here you'd be run down by the truckers or shot by the hicks with gun racks in thier chevy rust bucket pickups...

wait, you want to install a "redneck" communication system on a BMW?

if you did I can't blame you for wanting to hide it.  around here you'd be run down by the truckers or shot by the hicks with gun racks in thier chevy rust bucket pickups...

514156[/snapback]

heh, pretty much... me and some of my friends want it for when we are going on trips, road rallys, etc...

Your no fun just go all out. 10 ft, antenna with a tenis ball halfway down it. youll be able to hear quite well. I was a new beetle driving down the road with a setup like that it was the most pathetic thing I have every seen.

Seriously, some one might make some kind of a powered antenna out there, or theres the small temporary antennas you could put on for a trip and take of the rest of the time.

Speaking as a former Redneck/Hick, and having had/installed everything from bullbar to roof mounted antennas of the helical to 9" stainless variety... having the antenna in the boot, is a BAD idea, simply because the Standing Wave Ratio (SWR) needs to be as close to 1:1 as possible, not just for performance but to ensure the radio's final output stage (transmitter) isn't killed off by mismatched energy returning along the antenna's feedline ;)

As important with the UHF spectrum gear as with the 27Mhz CB, the on-glass is a perfect choice, I was going to suggest a 2-in-1 AM/FM + CB antenna (if the still make them :P), but the on-glass is classier by far! :D

Speaking as a former Redneck/Hick, and having had/installed everything from bullbar to roof mounted antennas of the helical to 9" stainless variety... having the antenna in the boot, is a BAD idea, simply because the Standing Wave Ratio (SWR) needs to be as close to 1:1 as possible, not just for performance but to ensure the radio's final output stage (transmitter) isn't killed off by mismatched energy returning along the antenna's feedline ;)

As important with the UHF spectrum gear as with the 27Mhz CB, the on-glass is a perfect choice, I was going to suggest a 2-in-1 AM/FM + CB antenna (if the still make them :P), but the on-glass is classier by far! :D

514876[/snapback]

Well said: as a truck driver myself I am a bit familiar with CB's, get a good magnet mount antenna such as a K-40 and have your SWR set at a good CB shop, or buy a SWR meter and set it yourself :)