New Guy And Lost

jakester

[email protected]Hey Jakester from Florida here. I guess ive been out of touch with the computer world for a while nf have not beeen keeping up. I was running Solidworks (CAD software) on a 3600XP on Epox Mobo EP-8RDA3+ with 1 gig of 3200DDR and a whole bunch of Hard drives. I have 4 compus on my home office newwork. Now this is probably not the place to ask...buy I need something at least equiv or better without buying $600 chips. The 3000 64 bit seems to be reasonable but preformance wise how is it going to compare to the 3600XP 32 bit. Im looking at the ones with 1 GIG FSB and I believe its 939 pin. WHat is the hot chipset for the AMDs now?? Like I said, Ive been gone for a while. I have always liked Epox mobos and have 5 of them running now. THere is one slight problem. I have to use a special CAD video card whicjh is 8X and runs at 1.5 volts so the Mobo has to handle that. Can anyone make and recommendations for under $1000 something that is gonna do my CAD work. This program needs alot of power. The bigger the model, the more power I need. I have not ben keeping up with the new AMD stuff. What about the Nvidia Nforce3 Ultra chipset. Is that the hot ticket of sstay away. Im asking because I need to buy now or ASAP....Thanks for any help. I dont have time to sit and read every article to try and catch up so Im asking for a favor.Thanks guys Any help at all is much appreciated :)

Edited by jakester

well the best too s939 a64 mobos with agp iv heard of so far are the:

dfi nforce 3 ultra-d:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813136161

the board i have now very nice imo

msi k8n neo2-plat:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813130468

havent heard much about it

both are good boards for agp i dont know about that voltage thing but i supose you should be able to find out that info

for a cpu a 3000+ should outpreform a 3200+ axp( i strongly belive there is no such thing as a 3600+ axp) however that system would only cost 300$ish i think so spend some mor $$$ and get the 3200+ venice a64:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16819103535

that will own your current configuration in cpu power and its only about 350$

Epox does make some pretty good budget mobos, as for CPU i dotn think the 3000+ is gonna really ahve enough kick...i ahve one and it's great an all but CAD work seems to not be it's thing (i did a little back when i first built the rig and my laptop seemed to be alot better at it....)

Guest Raven65

not going to comment on the lost thing but welcome to OCC, fellow tampa bay area person!

Also Fold!

:foldon: