Update: 67 Impala Ss

LoArmistead

Well, today I got some video of the Impala being cranked. I'll upload it and give yall a link to go see it. It was the very first crank so it was a little rough at the start, but it's still beautiful :) I'l be danged if the camera lens was dirty... I'm making a site now with how the impala has gone step by step in it's reconstruction

Heres some pics in the meantime.

100_2601.jpg

100_2600.jpg

100_2597.jpg

100_2598b.jpg

you are SO lucky to live down south.  you don't have to use 10lbs of bondo to restore an amazing looking car like that (or it's even better as orginal paint).  rust sucks up here :(

513812[/snapback]

I hear ya. This car spent its enire life in Alabama under a car port, then in Texas in a garage, then NC in a garage. The only major problem with it was the interior (seats), and the tires. Not too bad for having everything stock on the car, including the teenie weenie 283 small block :blink:

Them are some skinny little tires!  Strap a nice big block V8 under the hood and get some nice fatties on the back...then you'll have one hell of a car.  But for now, looks beautiful.

513924[/snapback]

Yeah those skinny tires are some custom made Nitto performance tires, and as far as big block V8 goes....

100_2581.jpg

They wouldn't let him put anything bigger and keep it street legal with that car lol

I don't think GM made anything bigger than a 502.... in fact I think it was the biggest "car" motor made here in the US.

to think the biggest one from ford was the 473... but it wasn't for muscle cars, it was a truck block.

I don't think GM made anything bigger than a 502.... in fact I think it was the biggest "car" motor made here in the US.

to think the biggest one from ford was the 473... but it wasn't for muscle cars, it was a truck block.

514087[/snapback]

youre right. When we were going over the options, they said they could put a */insert whatever the hell Chevy has bigger than a 502*/ in there, but it wouldnt be street legal unless they changed the compression ratios and "underclock" the engine as I would say. But he wanted to drive it around and play with rice burners so he went with the ol 502.