Which Lga775 Board...

Well like the title says... :)

dfi 925x-T2 or Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813136144

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813127189

they both look like good quality...im tempted by the fatal1ty cause it has all the cooling, and coolin IS the reason iwant a new motherboard...hmmm

whaddya think?anyone? please,hehe :D

Big red, you seem to know alot all about p4 boards, whaddya think? (assuming you read this,hehe)

put the abit down... don't touch it, don't even look at it again.

in the past I've had lots of problems with Abit, and that one is the second worst one they've ever made... only the BP6 was worse.

Yeah, I've had some issues with the DFI... but I can blame most of those on OC'n the crap out of a 3.8ghz P4 and not having enough cooling. but now with it all on a phase change, it's stable. and DFI was more than willing to help out by replacing boards as needed.... unlike Abit who would tell you to take it to who ever you got it from or charge $25+ to use your warrenty.

oh yeah, and another thign to keep in your mind when buying mobos

fans fail, little heatsinks can't carry the burden when the fan dies (note it's not an "if" issue). BIG heatsinks never fail.

hmm, ya got a point there...

so...im thinking i might have to reinstall windows, since im using Sil for my raid...

any idea how i can get my data from my raid0 if i change out my mobo? i know i dont want to do raid again so ill just have my OS on one drive and data on the other.

Edited by Aeromun

back it up first.  with raid there's no moving it from one board to the other unless you get a new one with the same raid controller.

514143[/snapback]

dang...well i guess alot of installing work for me then...