Eagle Scout Project Needing Donations

Mad Cow

Hello all,

I am planning my Eagle Scout project around donating about 50 computers to a Catholic Charities organization that works mainly with refugees and their families. The company I work for is donating the machines, monitors, and accessories; all of which they were going to throw away anyway. The computers will be split between used in labs that are open to the schools and people and the other half will be given as incentives to needy refugee families. This greatly improves their educational process, job seeking abilities, and cultural conversions. I was hoping that you all could maybe assist me in finding some donated Antivirus software and liscences and/or internal modems that would go to the computers distributed to the individual families. Even if you can't donate anything, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions that could help in finding these things. As of now the Antivirus software is the greatest issue that I need to solve before moving forward.

Thanks a lot,

Mike

*I hope I am posting this in the corret fourm, if this thread needs to be moved feel free to do so. Thanks again!

If you cant get anyone to donate any software you could probably go with AVG or some other free antivirus solution.

Good luck with your project man. I got my eagle two years ago and its helped me bunches!

Thanks for your recomendations and donation. I was just told that you may be able to get a tax write-off for any donations. I hope this encourages more donations. Thanks again!

Well I cant donate stuff I dont have, but for cheap you could find wholesale lots on ebay, but shipping costs are huge. I'd go with AVG too, i use it sometimes, I dont know about the licenses thought. Sorry that i couldnt help you :(:D