Thermaltake Bigwater

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It also depends on what kind of climate you live in with hot weather all year round problay won't get 15c but if you live in that kind of climate warm summers cold winters in the winter you problay could get it 15c or lower.

you could get a lifetime supply of ice and pour it and salt into your computer>!!

a pilter is like a thermal pump

it pull heat to one side and cold to the other. For instance if you set it in a room for 5 or so minutes it will build ice on one side and be hotter that 130* on the other.

They work well with water cooling but if your weater pump fails.... theres suddenly no way to cool the hot side of the pilter which will melt what ever it is touching

OK Mr smarty pants on the other page, i knew that but that's not jsut a WC kit now is it...and WC and pelt is gonna cost over $200.

so I would say get the swiftech if you like it (alot better than the "bigwater")

and enjoy considerably cooler temps than with AIR, yet at an affordable price. and if this no plans for heavy OC is ture....then a good AIR HSF would be fine...but hey you want WC, get it :D

OK Mr smarty pants on the other page, i knew that but that's not jsut a WC kit now is it...and WC and pelt is gonna cost over $200.

512964[/snapback]

lol, who me? You are right though a good pelt system would get him over the $200 mark. Actually any good WC setup is gonna be over $200 anyway unless he gets a cheapo that is more for looks than performance.

The swiftech kits are nice kits and you can find them for under and around 200 bucks, but the only way your gana see 15*c is A. if you live with nerm and B. your outside temp would have to be under 15*c. Now like people said above you can use a phase change unit or a Pelt to get temps down that low but these two things are not very user friendly and before even considering it i suggest you spend a good amount of your time reading up on it. The reason i say this is because both of these things can cause MAJOR damage to your computer parts and unless you know how to do it and do it right the first time you can expect to be replacing either your cpu or motherboard countless times until you get it right due to the condensation produced by these cooling methods, with the average water cooling you wouldn't have to worry about that unless you put ice water or did something along those lines then once again you will have a condensation problem.

but the only way your gana see 15*c is A. if you live with nerm

513017[/snapback]

roflmao! the meatlocker no longer exists, but it still stays pretty cool in here. :D

hmm so if i put ICE WATER into the water cooling system, ill run into problems?

513081[/snapback]

No, but do you wanna be filling up your res with ice every 1/2 hour???

Also, pelt cooling a CPU is a PITA!!!. Your need a really high watt pelt for it to be worth it, then you need a powerful dedicated psu for that, then you need a really high quality wc setup on top of that,and the electricity usage on a really high watt pelt is INSANE. By the time all is said and done you would be better off going phase on the cpu.

...the GPU on the other hand... ;)