Firefox 1.6

Guest Flashstar

Guest Flashstar

Firefox is web related and it is offered for many different platforms so I do not understand why it can't be in the web related area.

Has anyone triend the Deer park one yet. I installed it earlier today and I used it for a little while, but I didnt feel like messing with it so I uninstalled it. It loaded the site pretty quick tho.

Oh and do you know how when you download something it opens the little window where you can choose to open it or save it to disk. If you let that sit for a while it will download super fast. I downloaded a Cpp compiler in about 2 seconds after letting it sit for about 15 seconds. :D

thats y it goes faster

514007[/snapback]

No.

It just apears to.

While you wait, it is DLing, then when u click "ok" it has already DLed most of it, so finnish real quick.

it dosent DL any faster than it would if you clicked straight away.

Just THINK about it for a second. <_< Your connection dosent get any faster just cause u let a window sit for 15 seconds <_<

Firefox is web related and it is offered for many different platforms so I do not understand why it can't be in the web related area.

513995[/snapback]

Firefox is a web browser, not a website. Hence the reason the topic was moved. ;)

Now... since you don't understand what that forum is for, I'll be happy to explain the reason that forum is there. :) First, if you take a look at the main forum index, you can see a brief description of the forum, which is quoted below.

The Web

Can't get to a web site? Something not working correctly on a page you like? (e.g. Yahoo, Google, Amazon, Hotmail) - No Advertising! -

Forum Led by: Moderator, Staff

Now, we can't go into a lot of detail about it, but that should have given you a pretty good idea... based on past experience with the forums, we know some people would go there anyway and still not know exactly what the forum was for. That's why we pinned a topic in that forum with a title "About This Forum, Read First".

That topic states,

So, what is this forum for? Well, let's say you are having problems getting to Amazon.com or NewEgg. You wanted to ask "Hey, is newegg.com down?" This would be the place to do that.

Maybe you noticed a new web service offered by Google or Yahoo. Again, this would be the place. For example, Google Maps or Google News.

If you have any questions about what belongs here, please ask first. A staff member or moderator will be happy to assist you.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Guest Flashstar

Sometimes the forums are just confusing. Anyway, if you have .9, upgrade to 1.06 because it has many security patches.

:withstupid:

The differences between 0.9 and 1.0 was reason enough to upgrade. You should AT LEAST get up to 1.04 since 1.06 only has a few minor security updates. Plus, why are you using what is technically beta software? Get your butt secured, that's what the entire purpose of Firefox was, to provide a secure browsing experience. You are defiling Firefox's good name by not upgrading :P