Firefox 1.6

Guest Flashstar

Guest Flashstar

It was just released today. Fixes some bug...

Umm, it's NOT 1.0.6, it's just 1.06. But I totally agree with you, having several periods in the version number just looks plain weird.

513417[/snapback]

Hate to break it to you, but the version for BOTH Firefox and Thunderbird is 1.0.6. ;) If you look at the Mozilla site, or even click the about in FF, you could see this. I'm not even a FF user, and I know that much. <_<

Screenshot FTW. :D

I always wondered why they did like 1.0.6

why not 1.5 to 1.56 I dunnue any number with more than 1 period looks dumb to me.

513388[/snapback]

The versioning is done based to represent the significance of the change. 1.x.x (or just 1.0) would be a major version. 1.1.0 (or 1.1) would be a less significant change than 1.0 but still contain a bit of new stuff/fixes. 1.1.1 would be even less significant (i.e. a security update that addresses just a few items or bugs).

Each software vendor has their own schema; Opera Software (8.00, 8.01, 8.02, etc.), Windows (5.0.xxxx, 5.1.xxxx, 5.1.2600), IE (6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519). I guess it really is just what makes since for the developers. :)

Hate to break it to you, but the version for BOTH Firefox and Thunderbird is 1.0.6. ;) If you look at the Mozilla site, or even click the about in FF, you could see this. I'm not even a FF user, and I know that much

513435[/snapback]

Wait a sec, I just looked at my Firefox version and it reads 1.04. Why would they go from 1.04 to 1.0.6? Wouldn't that be a step BACK in version numbering?