Remote Desktop Connections

mantonr

ok, i have a desktop computer and a laptop and both of them have windows xp home edition on them. They both have the remote desktop connection thing in the accessories menu in the start menu and i was wondering whether i could use this instead of using another program like vnc.

Only issue is i don't know how to set up the computers to accept the other one trying to make a remote desktop connection to it. Everytime i try and make a connection to the other one it is dissallowed purely becuase this computer is not set to receive them.

Could anybody quickly run through how to set the computers up to accept these connections?

Thanks

Rob

one of the many reasons xp home sucks. it lacks alot of network support, it will not allow it self to be controlled remotely. if u got the cash, upgrade to xp pro which has tons of network support.

yeah XP home can only connect to XP Pro or 2003 server boxes, but you cannot connect to a XP home box using Remote Desktop.

And its not that XP Home sucks, its because it was not designed to support Remote Desktop and other more advanced networking features.

cheers for your replies, i was beginning to think that it was just becuase they both run xp home. I shall i have to continue using vnc then instead.

Thanks again for your responses.