Dell Dualie

Well, I got my Pentium D Dual core setup and it just puts my P4 3.2 to shame. It opens photoshop in seconds and took no time installing office and photoshop. I'm very impressed with it, although it is FUGLY!

It looks like some kind of ghetto rig they slapped together. glossy white side panels, sliver top and front panel and black drives. :blink: and underneath the drives there is a big hole you can put your hand thru.

The cooling system for the cpu is HUGE, looks like it weighs a couple pounds and has heat pipes or someting sticking out.

So to some it up its performs awesome but its friggin ugly, and since its a DELL, no overclocking. :( But its for work so i guess that doesnt matter too much.

I'll prolly wait until the end of the year or next year to get my own DC for my house, BUT an AMD of course. :)

Ah yes, the 9100. just a word of caution, do not pick the case up by that cooling vent as it is not well supported inside the chassis.

But good to hear that is pretty quick, gives us an idea about what we can expect when we upgrade to dual core.