Need Help With Color-themeing In Case

Firstly, here's my case at the moment -

Smaller Image

Larger Image

Anyways, I'm thinking about putting in a new DVD combo drive [not important], and replacing my two 120mm fans [slightly important]. But here's where I need advice. What color theme? I have no idea, I'd love red, but my power supply green-wires kinda blew that one. I'm thinking replacing the blue IDE cables with green ones, and then putting a green cathode along the bottom and a blue neony-liquid-type one along that strange bar on the mid-right of my case. [under the drives, in the window.] I dunno, it looks so messy but there's not much more in the way of wire management... I also considered going yellow for the main floor cathode and green for the neon-liquid-type cathode.

All the same, I'm so indecisive on this, I want my case to look perfect [as everyone does] and it just seems like there's so many good combos I can't choose... Hence coming to you guys!

Sooo, it comes down to... Should I -

a) Put a green cathode along the bottom, a blue liquid cathode on the right bar and green cables?

b) Put a yellow cathode along the bottom, a green liquid cathode on the right and green or yellow cables? [specify which]

c) Other

Also - the PSU has blue fans which aren't too noticeable and I might mod the PSU wires later, but definitely not yet. Anyways, thanks for any advice!

If you really insist on a green and yellow theme, here's what I would do. Try to find fans with yellow LED's in them and replace both of the case fans (try to do the same with your PSU). Also, get a yellow LED fan for your heat sink on your CPU. You should switch out your IDE cables for yellow ones, too. All this yellow is what is called accenting, it will help bring out the color of the green CCFL's. Next, get 2 green CCFL's and stick one at the very bottom and one at the very top, both behind the side panel with the window where they can't be seen. The rule with CCFL's is that you do not want them to be seen if someone's looking right into your case. Another thing - try to sleeve ALL of your wires (fans and CCFL's included [and try to find the same green color of sleeving that's already there]) so that way, it will help keep the theme going. Red and black wires will stick out like a sore thumb. Make sure you hide your wires well, though. You can line them against the case and have the wires follow the framing of the case so they

Before painting diffrent colors try a good silver chromish paint the chromier the better but not chrome chrome paint stinks and that's no joke you cant even touch it when dry silver will reflect any color you like and does look good If you still dont like it silver is a good base coat like a primer any color will cover it when dry. but i think you'll like silver you might even try to get some mirror plastic paper for the floor ;)

You can still go green and yellow with your lighted fans and neons :)

Guest Raven65

Leave the case black, Go with blue sleeving, change the sleeving on the psu to red. get yourself uv cold caths and a couple uv fans and it would look real nice. IMHO.

I love the idea of red but it just doesn't seem like it would go well with yellow [which would be green-ish under UV if I'm thinking correctly]... So I think I'm going to do a UV cathode to green-ify my motherboard, and a blue one or two [if I can fit it] for lighting, then replace my blue cables with green along with new blue fans... It still feels like something's missing, but I think I'm going to just put it all in and see from there...

Nice case so far :)

Here is my suggestion :P :

Stay with the green PSU sleeving, and sleeve your fan wires with like yellow or blue

Then get some orange UV IDE/ floppy cables and matching orange UV fans (just UV no LEDs in them)

and to finish it off, 2 UV cathodes :)

IT will light up pretty nicely! O and BTW, red glows pink under UV! :ph34r:

well i have an example of how a blue, green, and "red" (witch really glows pink) will look like. this is my case i just built a little while ago and is my first build, hope it helps. http://www.overclockersclub.com/gallery/?act=case&id=973

http://www.overclockersclub.com/gallery/?act=case&id=979

Edited by pogs16a2