Gettin New Hdd

swifty11212

im going to get a new ide driver to replace my dying 80 gig. i cant get sata because i have major issues with my sata controllers. should i run ide raid-0 or just keep it solo. might not be worth it. i game alot and do quite alot of networking activities, so should i run ide raid or not.

i guess ill see if i can backup to my server considering i have space. grr my dad put me on a budget, maybe i cant raid after all, or can i :lol:

any ways, considering i want to backup my hdd to my server how do i do this? i am using server 2003. ill try to see if i can create a seperate folder just for me.

is it on the same network? can't you just share the drive(s) on your server, map them on your rig, and do

xcopy X:\yourdata S:\destination /s /v /r /e /c /h /f /y

where x is your drive, s is the server?

Well it won't be a HUGE increase but it will be faster with RAID 0.  I'd go for it, I love my 3x250 gig SATAII drives in RAID 0. :P

511396[/snapback]

Raid 0 with 3 drives? :blink:

Back on topic: you won't notice enough difference with them in RAID to make it worth it...maybe RAID 1 if they were in a server.

Raid 0 with 3 drives?  :blink:

Back on topic: you won't notice enough difference with them in RAID to make it worth it...maybe RAID 1 if they were in a server.

512008[/snapback]

Yep. Nothing I have on them is going to destroy me, I have all my stuff that's important backed up on my spare 80 gig, my laptop, and on dvds.

I'm pretty sure I took transfer speeds out of the equation for loading times though. :P The data density is really high on these drives too (Hitachi SATAII 250 gig) so the seek times are a little better than normal.