Best Drivers For Gigabyte 6800gt?

Ruenin

Seems like I read not too long ago that the latest drivers from Nvidia were crap, so should I just not update them? Is there a better one? I'm using 71.84 now.

I have a bfg 6800gt, but the drivers should be the same. I've been running 71.84 and I still am. I went to 77.82, or whatever the new new one is, and my video playback was all screwed up, so I reverted. Upgrading drivers seems to help my 3dmark03 and 05 scores by a decent amount, but I didn't want to dork around with that video playback stuff.

the video playbacks easy to fix, just go into the divx settings and change the quaity from draft to high, it seems the drivers tryd to optomise playback and changed all the settings. btw i couldnt find the option in the Media player so i think its only effecting you if you have the divx codecs

the video playbacks easy to fix, just go into the divx settings and change the quaity from draft to high, it seems the drivers tryd to optomise playback and changed all the settings. btw i couldnt find the option in the Media player so i think its only effecting you if you have the divx codecs

511732[/snapback]

Where would one find these settings???

I don't think I have ever installed DIVX codecs....

I've been doing alot of research on nVidia's latest stuff cause of major issues. The 71.89 which was the last official is great, but the 77.x have optimizations for games out, like BF2.

nVidia posted an official fix for video issues via a downloadable reg hack on their site which for me has fixed everything.

So I say latest drivers for best support for all games out there, but be aware that there is an issue with the video playback. Up to you.