Got Hacked Need Help Please!

red930

hey muddy y dont you go and bug off and quit thrashing my thread. if you got something against it make your own thread and complain about it. heck you may be the lucky one and get your thread locked. so that your idiocracy can be preserved forever in the virtual world.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm maybee i should tell the police i know of someone that admitts to these acts of terror. *cough* muddy

517656[/snapback]

Act's of terror!? I know this is very important to YOU, but step back and look at the situation. Terror hardly describes the loss of a minor gaming clan's databases. I sympathize with your loss, but let's keep this in context.

Also, you spend time here. You probably consider yourself somewhere in the ranks of guru-dom when it comes to computing. You should know about this stuff. I'm not saying defend against root exploits on ftp servers and such, but at least know that these things can and do happen. I have an FTP server, SSH server, and webserver, and I don't put anything on them that I don't expect to someday lose. Backups are your friend.

Like I said, I'm not condoning this kind of action at all, but given the context you should really understand the risks of giving admin permissions on TS servers, as well as putting a list of your contact info on an ftp server that's accessable to the public. Password protected or not, that's just not smart.

I will say again that I'm sorry for your loss, and I think people like this are better off dead, but I just think "acts of terror" may be a rather dramatic and short-sighted way to describe these events.

terror isn't always something that is physically damaging, but could be a social nit that hacks away at social groups to terrorize them because they either have not been accepted or have something against them. just like a bomb threat is treating very seriously although no crime has been comitted they put terror into a social group. and can been seen as an act of terrorism