Okay, I Have Had Enough

demigod

For months now I have been struggling, off and on, in trying to get around NAT errors in Azureus. My father, whom I so dearly love, refuses to give me the password for our router so that I can enable UPnP or open a port, or do it himself. I have reset the router multiple times and set it up, but seeing as I do not know the WEP key or any settings of our wireless network, he figures out soon enough what happened and goes in to fix it, realizing that everything is back to stock except a few choice things. I need some options, and I didn't know where else to turn except for you guys here at the trusty OCC.

I have really reached the end of my nerves, and I don't know what to do.

Edited by demigod

Well, youve probably tried the default password for the router already, try to guess the password/brute force it if nothing works. You could also try and set up a keylogger on your(?) computer and get your dad to log in to the router. The model of the router/firmware on it (if you know) would help us I think.

BTW if any port is opened on your computer, you could set up azuerus to use those, no?

You could also try and set up a keylogger on your(?) computer and get your dad to log in to the router.

510921[/snapback]

the classic keylogger always works, i use homekeylogger (google it). just make sure that he either uses your comp to login or set up the logger on his computer and share the folder as a network drive so you can check it from your comp.

you can tell ive done this before lol :D

Thanks for the fast replies.

The router is a DI-624, revision C. I do not know what firmware it has on it though. I have indeed tried the default, as well as guessing.

I suppose I could reset the router again, and when he realizes what happened, he may decide to use my computer to set it up... then I could use the keylogger.

See, I have tried a ton of ports, most random, but it looks like 99% are locked down, as far as I can tell. However the only way I have checked is either with Azureus, online port testers, or both. If you have any suggestions on ports that are likely to be open, I would like to hear them.

Edited by demigod

well, you could always ask someone to scan your network for open ports, but they might be used by any other computer (like your dads.)

If you want, I could scan you with Nmap (My favorite port scanner thingie, used in Matrix 2 or some one (I knew nmap before i saw that) :D)

I have the exact same problem right down to my dad not letting me open up the ports and Azures gives you the yellow face all of the time. I have just learned to deal with it and just wait a little bit longer. I would not reccoment opening up ports as you dont know who or what will be comming onto your computer. It may take longer to download stuff but its alot more secure than opening up your front door to a cracker.

Try shareaza, works fine for me, you can also change the port on it. (strange but use port "2202"- These ports are normally forwarded by most routers). See if this helps with your torrents. Shareaza is a open-source p2p client, also works great with bit torrent, check below, this was on a 3mb connection: