Planning To Oc My 3200+ Venice

new to the OC'ing scene, usually i just run what i got stock and live with it but times are changing and i want to squeeze what i can out of what i got!

Im running:

ASUS A8N-DELUXE SLI

AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ VENICE CORE

1GB (2X512) OCZ EL PLATNIUM REV 2 (2-2-2-5)

520W OCZ POWERSTREAM

THERMALRIGHT XP-90C

ZALMAN 7700-CU

128MB BFG GEFORCE 6600 GT OC PCI-E

Im wondering how far i can push this - all the parts are incoming via usps or fed ex and should arrive in the next week and im really anxious to put her together. Just wondering if my setup will alow me to hit 2.5ghz or 2.6 even, some say my motherboard doesnt overclock very well so i may end up switching to a dfi nf4.

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again.... clock that mother and lets find out! :P

Generally, people seem to be getting anywhere from 2.4 to 2.9 on the venice 3200s. Seems to depend a lot on the week and stepping though. The earlier weeks seem to be doing a bit better, but even then there's a lot of variance. The good news is that the venices seem to do a lot better with memory control than the winchesters did. Most people seems to run 1:1 even way up in the clocks.

With regards to the board, you need to stop. Stop talking yourself out of it. If you convince yourself it won't clock well before you build it then it probably won't. I think it will do just fine. One of the main reasons people go with the DFI nf4 is because of the ram voltage control, but your ram isn't very voltage hungry (at least I don't think it is), so that's not a real big deal for you.

The only question I have is why do you have two heatsinks listed? Both are VERY good heatsinks, so neither is a problem, but are you still deciding, or did you order both, or is that just a typo?

Also, on air, most people seem to try to stay under 1.6-1.65 volts. I would take that as good advice.

Hey man our comps are pretty close. This is what I'm runnin:

ASUS A8N-E w/most current BIOS revision

Windows x64 Pro

OCZ Gold 1GIG 3200 @ 2-2-2-5 @ 3.0v

AMD 3200 Venice @ stock voltage

MSI 6800gt PCI-e

I'm still trying to OC this mother and and currently stuck at 2.2GHz with these settings:

RAM is set at 3.0v (highest mobo with allow)

CPU mulitplier set at 10x

HT multiplier set at 5x

CPU voltag roughly at 1.45~1.5 (stock)

CPU clock at 220 mhz yeilding 2.2GHz

PCI bus set to 33.3MHz

Hopefully we can both OC pretty far...