Agp Vs Pcie

alrite i got 300 to spend towards Graphic card and Mobo so im limited...

i was wondering if i should go for the 6800 or x800 they cost the same.

thanks guys

alrite i got 300 to spend towards Graphic card and Mobo so im limited...

i was wondering if i should go for the 6800 or x800 they cost the same.

thanks guys

510521[/snapback]

Best bang for the buck?? get a BFG 6800, (non GT) which comes with 12 pipes and 5 shaders. THEN, download rivatuner, and UNLOCK 4 more pipes and 1 shader, giving you 16 pipes and 6 shaders, the same as a 6800 GT model. The only difference is the ram type (ddr3) and clock speeds. You can then use coolbits, and easily get another 25-30 mhz on core overclock and 50-80 mhz on memory clock with the stock cooling unit on the 6800 without any heat problems. So, save yourself some cash and get a card that ALMOST but not quite gets to the performance of the 6800GT, which will walk all over that little x800. I actually might be selling my BFG 6800 O/C edition AGP, which is 350core/700mem stock, with an unlock of pipes and overclocking a little, with the help of taking off the stock hsf unit, and taking off the stock thermal goo that they use, in replacement with some Arctic Silver 5 compound, reseating the HSF, I am able to get 375core/775mem without even a hiccup of heat or distortion of graphics.

I hope that sort of helped you in a decision, as when you tweak the card just a little bit, not even close to hurting it, you gain MASSIVE performance boosts.

So, save yourself some cash and get a card that ALMOST but not quite gets to the performance of the 6800GT, which will walk all over that little x800.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Most benchmarks and game tests I've seen have the x800xl performing better than the 6800GT, and it's cheaper too. :)