Biggest Cooling Improvements/horror Stories

Lontek

Thinking I would be fancy and a cheapskate on top of it, I purchased one of those generic triple fan CPU coolers that you see on auction sites. I boot up my computer -->http://www.overclockersclub.com/gallery/Kaleidoscope

and I notice in motherboard monitor that I am running at 67C, at the time not realizing how sucky this temo really was I then overclocked it from 750 to 900 MHZ. This got me as high as 73C OUCH!

After doing so research on sites like these and Intel I realized that cooler must go. I decided to go with the

ThermalTake Golden Orb. Now overclocked to 854 MHZ she runs at about 50-53C at 900MHZ she runs at 53C

Wish I would have trashed that other cheapo cooler a long time ago! Anyone want to buy a cheap triple fan cooler? Just kidding I wouldn't do that to you.

Please add any stories you have regarding simple changes that greatly affected cooling, either better cooling or worsened cooling.

i had just help a fiend of mine put together his new P4 system, he put the heatsink on and i didnt bother to make sure he didi i right booted it up and it shut down again really fast ater displaying a blue screen with a bunch of errors on it turns out he didnt lock the heatsink clamps down he just set it on there good thing Pentiums have thermal monitoring

honestly my water-cooling setup now is worse then my air cooling setup before. Im using the dangeden kit with extreme ice rad. and eheim 1250 and i have 44c temps. I have a dog that sheds alot and my rad.'s fins are full of dust and hair. But when i had my Volcano 7+ cooling setup i get 38c temps OC at medium speed. So i believe if u can handle the noise of air cooling, choose it over the water-cooling hassle. Or get a prometeia, handles all the problems.