Poor Performance Imo

Have you run spybot, ad-aware, and an AV program?

If you have, I'd say it may be time for a fresh install. I seriously end up installing about once a month. Nothing runs like a fresh install, and I've started using nLite to make my install completely automated, so I can get a full install with all my programs done in about 2 hours.

When I have weird performance drops that I can't really put my fingers on, I check spyware, then reload. If that doesn't do it, then I start getting technical, but 9/10 times it fixes it.

eh normally when people ask about something like that I'd recommend an Xpress Lube, but... since it's a computer I'd say do a thorough virus/spy/ad scan, defrag, desk cleanup, disk check, and if all else fails, restore back to last know good configuration. If that doesn't work. Take the dang thing apart, put it all back in, increase airflow, reinstall windows. If that doesn't work.... then idk

I did most of the things that were suggested, other then a fresh install of windows. I downloaded spybot and it found like 55 counts... I have a firewall and virus scan from MacAfee... so I dunno why they are still getting past, but whatev. After I did the whole system clean-up the game seemed to be running a bit better so I'm cool with it for now.

Thx again for the help.

:ph34r:

WoW is a ram hog, it loves memory. I've read people with rigs on par with what you have and they usually all report performance improvements when they step up from 1GB of ram to 1.5GB+. I plan to slap another 512 stick in my rig in the near future purely because of WoW. I don't play much else on my comp.