Repairing

swifty11212

wasnt there a sticky on how to get windows on a hdd to work from 1 mother board to another? any ways im putting my lil bros hdd in a barton rig, and it will give a bsod during boot up on the newer rig, but on the old celeron it works perfectly. now to fix this i need to repair, i wont format since he has a few games installed and i cant find the cds at the moment. how do i go about repairing? reinstall over the "c:\windows" or do i go to the console? eh i know bigred had a guide on how to do this, just cant find it. and please make a sticky on it lol.

Bigred posted a guide for doing this a little while ago. It had like 3 or 4 different processes to do exactly what you're talking about. I didn't make note of it because I re-install if my PC even looks at me wrong, so I'd rather just re-install and make sure it's right.

just try a repair the the "misworking" harddrive, although, there are other methods i can't remmember thats thats easiest

i googled it hehe. all i had to do was run a repair past the EULA screen, so far its copying files now. hopefully it works, if not then reformat will do good. hmm since i taking out the 160gig hdd wonder if i should put it to use in my rig or make it as a server. oh well.

edit: i got it going, the rebuilt had trouble with the fx5500 so i had to replace the psu with a 300watt cheapo. im kinda worried since the back of the psu is very hot and there is a little burning smell, i hope it doesnt blow out. my old celeron rig will be a linux server possibly.