Dual Core Dual Cpu Server Mb Support?

okay im in need of anyone who knows about Mbs with Dual Core and Mbs!

after upgrading from a Amd643000+ to a 3700+ i see a huge! diffrence in my video/audio editing i use to do 4min video resizing from 320x420 to 720x480 and it took 30min now it takes 8min, thats a big change and as my major in collage is going to be audio/video editing i need a good computer to do this on in the next few years(lasting me) . i always upgraded my computer that i use daily but i need a server that only does cpu intense things, my plan is to set up 2gbps network between my computers (yes it is costly but worth it) right now i have 1gbps which only goes at 50mb/s oddly...

but thats not the point to this lol i got side tracked... anyways im looking for a sever board that supports dual core, dual cpu Motherbord socket 940, iv been looking arouind newegg but i get lost since iv never worked with dual cpu's, im not a noob at computers i just need MB help :D

i plain on getting AMD Dual-Core Opteron 265 Italy 1GHz FSB Socket 940 Processor's

and by the time i get around to it they will be 600-800$ and not 1g each.

i got the rest plained out, Raid 0+1 Sata2 x2 250gb=500gb

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA II Hard Drives

the ram well i want 4gb and i'll pick it when i find what mb needs it.

with windows 2003 or 64 since those are the only ones that support more than 2cpu's

the mb can be asmuch as it needs to be but im not going to do more than cpu intense things thefore i dont care whatelse it can do.

any help would be nice and if you think a 939 single cpu dual core Mb with like a 4800+ would do the trick than tell me now!

you might wana check on the windows thing. XP pro might work because it supports 2 *physical* cpus and 4 *virtual* cpus. this is how it works for HT Xeons anyway i'm not sure about dual core opterons. other than that i think most dual opteron mobos support dual core cpus with a bios flash.

opps, to be more clear im looking for a bord that i dont need to do a bios flash, i mean if i have to than i guess i could.

i checked for bios updates and most just say cpu source code update, does that mean it supports dual core?

Edited by hornybluecow

many revs of tyan and msi boards will work fine.

and no you'll not only need 2003 server, but you'll need either enterprise or advanced server. standard and small business only handle 2 physical cpus... and dual cores are physical cpus unlike hyperthreading.