80 Mm Fan Questions

DTA

I have 2 fans in my case right now that are horribly loud. If anyone has an Aspire case (see my sig) like mine u know also how loud they are.

I'm looking to get some very quiet but useful 80 mm fans. 2 of them have to be blue leds. The other two i want to be regular. I just need them to be super quiet because i dont want to have 4x 80 mm fans and 1x 120 mm fan in my case that are super loud. Im only putting two more in because they ports are located right next to my hd which seems to have overheated and now is being rma'd.

Im also looking for suggestions on a fan controller... since 4 fans are fun to run off of just the psu. The fan controller has to be black faced.

TY

Yeah, the silenx fans are missed out by SPCR for some reason.

They are also pretty quiet though (they generally tend to have a reasonable cfm rating as well).

Silenx had a rep go under cover at SPCR and make all kinds of claims about how great their fans were etc etc... Ever since they were found out, Silenx has been a taboo over there.

Edited by Nagash

mine arnt that loud either and i have the same fans, i can go to sleep with these fans,

509347[/snapback]

Ya well do you want 4 80 mm fans with that quality im sorry but when my comp is right next to my head id like it a little quieter.

yea, the x-dreamer II fans are not that loud.

509354[/snapback]

k sorry i cant have my own opinion

And ty for the people who were actually of help.

Edited by DTA

Relative loudness is very subjective. Especially when you take into account not everyone sits in the same relative position and distance to their PC. Also ambient noise levels play a large factor as well.