Watercooling: Teflon Tape Question.

Hey guys. I just got a bunch of parts to completely customize my water setup but I have a question about using teflon tape. Is it necessary to use it when the contact is metal on metal? I'm just unsure if I need to use the tape for those points also. Like in this picture here:

th_PDR_0705.jpg

Do you think I would need tape in a connection like this? Thanks.

it's hard to tell from that picture, you are too close to the fitting for your camera to focus on it. back up a little and don't reduce the size so much. like fire_storm said, the tape is for sealing fittings with threds. it's fills any gaps there might be.

First of all I agree with the what the other guys have already posted. Here is a little statement for you to keep in mind in the future.

"When in doubt insulate or tape it" lol

teflon tape is actually only meant to tighten fittings(which as a side effect seals)

thread lock is meant to seal fittings to prevent leaks

however it is harder to remove thread lock and is not meant for plastic fittings so I would say since a water cooling system is usually low presures....

teflon everything that has threads on it becasue teflon tape = GOD

One thing to know when using teflon - If you use water wetter, it WILL eat away at the teflon and may let some teflon into your w/c circuit. I suggest you not use water wetter, an 85% distilled water and 15% antifreeze is the best mix, and it wont eat at the teflon.