Hot Hot Hot!

Kano

My case has been opened for the last couple of days because I'm expecting my 6600GT to arrive sometime soon. For the meantime I'm stuck with crudy FX5200. Anyways, I suddenly get the idea of touhing the little chipset heatsink. Ouch.

The thing is like 90C. Here's my MOBO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....cription=13-128

If you click on the pics, you can see the heatsink on the chipset is a turd. So my question is: What is a cheap and effective way of cooling that guy before he melts? I'm rather worried about it right now, but I'm saving money for a whole new system. I just want something that will cool it down.

Another question I have is about my new 6600GT. As many people know, on the 6600GT AGP s, the memory doesn't get cooled at all. Considering my last one died for unknown reasons and I had to RMA it. I am starting to think the memory may need cooling. You can see my card here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814150080

(Link fixed)

And just for those who are wondering, that little heatsink to the side of the GPU is for the HSI bridge (turns PCe 16x into AGP 8x). Which also runs pretty hot. Sadly that fancy sink and fan make no contact to the memory and thus give the 4 very highly clocked chips of memory zero cooling.

Same question, cheap and effective way of cooling those guys.

Help me out?

Edited by Kano

Well to answer your first question get a better chip set cooler to put on it I don't think that it will melt your computer will problay shut off long before that happends.

Which motherboard theres a list of them in your link.

For your second question your link does not work and I would recomend a artic cooler or a zalman one for the video card.

I'm pretty sure that the large heatsink makes no contact with the memory. The large sink sits just above the chips. The heatsink on the side is for the HSI. I looked for one that cooled memory, but I couldn't find one. So I went with the XFX one at the time. Its too late now, I can't buy another one.

my chipset was hot too and i didnt feel like buying a cooler so i took some fans from an old p3 i think it was...you know those 2 little fans they put on the procs wierd...HS thing.