No Video ...no Beebs

McClendon

My moms puter: AMD 2600+ and Asus MB, with a very ordinary PNY video card is booting with NO error beeps but displays no video. I have replaced the video card and that did not fix the problem...still no video. The monitor says "no signal". If the monitor is displaying image (no signal ...lol) and the new video card did not help, any ideas? Could the motherboard or agp slot be bad?

Thanks!!

try reseting the cmos and see if that helps. otherwise the board probably is shot.

507569[/snapback]

Maybe even re-seat the ram...Either the board or ram is shot.  Try a different stick of ram.

507573[/snapback]

If non of that stuff works problay the motherboard is the problem

507611[/snapback]

try putting the ram in a differnt slot... i had that problem when i built a rig awhile back...

507611[/snapback]

:withstupid:

And the no signal sign comes from your monitor, that proves that the monitor is working. Also, if your video card has a molex connector, make sure its connected ^_^.

same problem happening with one of my puters right now... except I think my problem has more to do with the fact that two of the processor pins are actually coper wire cut to length and stuck in the socket... hey it was working until i took it out and reseated it lol :lol:

Here's a question for you...

When you power on, you get no video, but does the board power up? Do your fans spin up? Do you get lights on motherboard itself. Maybe you answered this before, but I didn't see it.

If your motherboard does show signs of life, then it's probably that slot. If you get absolutely nothing (fans, lights, HDDs spinning up) when you power it on, then it's probably the whole board, or a PSU, or something like that.

Did you check to make sure you even have a speaker? :rolleyes:

If you do you can take out the RAM and check for beeps. If there's nothing it's a processor problem. If there are beeps then it's probably something wrong with the motherboard (since you already tried a new video card).