Half-life 2 Ai Problem

cGrUnDy

I seem to have aproblem with the AI on the game. Right After arriving to Black Mesa East, when the woman doctor walks me to the elevator, I get in and nothing happens.

Has anyone else had this problem? how did you work-arround it?

Also if you send me a savegame of some point past the black mesa east elevator, that could help a lot.

Thanks.

I forgot to mention that I've been trying for days now and have allredy serched google and some otrher forums.

Edited by cGrUnDy

Guest Jeremy
I seem to have aproblem with the AI on the game. Right After arriving to Black Mesa East, when the woman doctor walks me to the elevator, I get in and nothing happens.

Has anyone else had this problem? how did you work-arround it?

Also if you send me a savegame of some point past the black mesa east elevator, that could help a lot.

Thanks.

I forgot to mention that I've been trying for days now and have allredy serched google and some otrher forums.

507438[/snapback]

Try opening the console and check if any error is showing up. If theres some problem with the AI, then some kind of red error message should show up. (I think)

I can't help you there, but I can relate to that. I had a problem with MOHAA: Spearhead that was similar. I had played through the game a dozen times (not really a dozen, but once or twice). Then one day i had to format my hard drive so after reinstalling the OS, I reinstalled spearhead. When I got to the 2nd level to the part where you have to blow up a Panzer tank with the flak cannon.... I couldn't blow the tank up... the game only give you enough time to shoot 2 times before the panzer blows you up, and 2 shots is what is supposed to kill it. So I'm playing, I shoot the panzer once, direcnt hit. Shoot it twice, direct hit, just like it was the last 10 times i played that level, except this time it didnt blow up after 2 hits. So i shoot it again and it never blow up, then it kills me. First thing that enters my head is that I have the difficulty turned up. So i check, it's normal. Then I try the level several times again, every time it blows me up before I blow it up. So I reinstall game, problem persists, the dang panzer just won't die!!!?!? So eventually I just stopped playing and admitted defeat. Some of you may just think that my skills went down the crapper and it's my fault i couldn't blow it up. I assure you, it only takes 2 hits to kill the tank and i hit it twice, several attempts, and it never exploded. Has anyone else run into this?