Have You Tried Linux

d3bruts1d

Have you tried Linux, or do you plan to?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried Linux, or do you plan to?

• Yes, I use it as my primary desktop
    • Yes, I use it as a secondary desktop
    • Yes, I use it but only a "Live CD" version
    • Yes I have tried it within the last year, but do not use it currently
    • Yes I have tried it in the last two to five years, but do not use it currently
    • Yes I have tried it in the past, but do not remember how long ago it was, and do not currently use it
    • No, I have never tried Linux but plan to soon
    • No, I have never tried and do not plan to

I really didn't expect this to keep going as long as it has. 41 polls so far. That means we have almost reached the one year point with our polls.

Thanks for helping to keep things running. :)

This week, we are running a poll to see how many of our members have tried or are using Linux. I know there have been several people trying to get into Linux lately.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used red hat 9 and did like it but i really didnt have enough software to keep it . i went back to xp. also was hard to relearn everything. if i knew someone who was experienced i would have kept up with it. maybe ill go back to it with a rig thats not up its a duron 1.2 a waste of electricity but maybe good to learn linux

Uh huh. Around the time of Slackware 7 had just been released and.. uhh RedHat.. 6.1? was the latest thing around? That was around.. 1999 apparently, which is 6 years ago, but I voted:

"Yes I have tried it in the last two to five years, but do not use it currently"

It's only one year off :rolleyes:

Yup, RH9 on the secondary box with a KVM. I would use it more if I had more monitors. Unfortunately, I DO have more monitors, but I don't have the desk space. So I need a new desk. But my room's to small so I need a new room. Really, I just need to move. Then I'll use linux more... yeah!

Hehe, someday I hope to get an A64 for a dedicated gentoo machine and give that 64 bit linux stuff a shot!

well i stopped using it currently. i woulda liked to see how linux would run on my main rig, but it seems like i always get errors during install on any distro on my neo2 board, few members had that issue like me btw.

i used red hat 9 and did like it but i really didnt have enough software to keep it . i went back to xp. also was hard to relearn everything. if i knew someone who was experienced i would have kept up with it. maybe ill go back to it with a rig thats not up its a duron 1.2 a waste of electricity but maybe good to learn linux

507112[/snapback]

Took the words right out of my mouth, but I tried Debian. I just don't have the time now adays to relearn everything.

Hienrich