Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Anderson

Motherboard Sound Drivers

I tried to install realtek sound drivers on my MSI mobo that I got from the MSI website but for some reason they wont work. I made sure that they where the type for my motherboard model but when I install them there is no sound. I can mess with the realtek control panel and every thing but no sound. Can some one help me? :(

This is my motherboard:

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec....atinum&class=mb

i know this will sound degrading but i have to ask. are you sure the speakers are pluged in right? in windows does the device appear installed correctly?

Check all of the above and make sure the "mute" option is not checked. Do you not have the driver disc that came with your motherboard?

i know this will sound degrading but i have to ask. are you sure the speakers are pluged in right? in windows does the device appear installed correctly?

:lol: yes I did all of that and I did enable the sound in the bios but it does not work. But dont worry I found the disk for my mobo and installed the drivers and it works fine now. I think for some reason it was just msi's download. Thx any ways

here, try this site. http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97...8&Software=True

i never get drivers from msi's sites. i always get my audio drivers from the company that created them. btw, hope you got 2 hours to download a 15mb files, i think thier bandwidth is horrible and i used dsl to download it...

507170[/snapback]

I always try and get my drivers direct from the company who made the hardware as well. They know it best right? They generally are more up to date then as well.