Sign in to follow this  
fire_storm

New System

I have been planning out a new system for mostly gaming are the parts good?

amd 64 x2 2.2GHZ 4200+

crucial 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered 2 of them

OCZ 520 watt ps

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX

MSI 6800

Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

And with cases and cooling not sure if I am going to get air or water yet.

If you will be mostly gaming just get a fast single core cpu...the duallies don't help much if at all in gaming (look up some reviews). Spend the extra money elsewhere like on a better video card. The x850xt pe is on sale with a $75 MIR till the end of today on newegg...total cost 386 after rebate.

Edited by Thewacokid

6800 vanila? if your getting that type of video card you dont need that powerfull of a procesor bump the procesor down to like a 3200+ or 3400+ venice and get a 6800gt or ultra depending on funds youl realy see a big inprovment

drop  that x2 and get the 4000+ Sandy. Its cheaper and faster for what you want to use it for. Use the money saved from the processor to buy your self a better video card.

506505[/snapback]

I was thinking about doing that save me more and get a better video card but just worried that know everyone is buying singal core cpus and then the dual cores will take off like pci-express I remeber when everyone use to think pic-e was stupid and know look at it everyone gets pci-e. Also I think amd is know only going to make new dual core cpus and not new singal core ones anymore.