Foxconn:multiplier?

I'm trying to change the multiplier on this computer. The mobo is a foxconn something. I don't see the option to change it, do I need to update the bios? I can change the FSB... but as of now the multiplier is 9 (thanks to cpu-z).

edit:

this is the mobo

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/products_mot...20as%20K7V400MG

Foxconn, a board for OEM products. You likely won't see it on inexpensive products from any brand.

Well when it boots up it says its an Athlon Xp 3200+. The FSB is at 175 as of now... the multipllier is 9

edit:

bigred:

Well... it does work? But by "not work" do you mean... "suck butt"

Well, its odd that the board sees that processor as a 3200+. However, that board has the KM400/VT8235CE combo on it. That combo only supports 166 FSB/ATA-133 operation. The KM400A supports 400 FSB.

The VT8235CE is your southbridge. I am already starting to doubt you know you what is wrong with your situation.

Well when it boots up it says its an Athlon Xp 3200+.  The FSB is at 175 as of now... the multipllier is 9

edit:

bigred:

Well... it does work?  But by "not work" do you mean... "suck butt"

506557[/snapback]

it's reading the cpu's "name tag" from the microcode. that's all. after that the bios goes down the list of requests from the CPU for support... vcore, fsb (which is what it can't do) then the multiplier (bios doesn't even look there so it passes right on by and goes to default).

and yes the VT8235CE southbridge could be paired up with the KM400A chipset or even a KT333 / KT333A. it's modular like that for a reason.