Issues With My Network

marsx69

Ok, I got a Linksys WRT54GS linking my desktop and wireless notebook to a DSL connection. My only issue is with my desktop. The only symptom seems to be an inability to connect to the internet. Some times after I do a restart my connection will stop working and the indicator light on my Linksys will start blinking slowly. Some times this will not happen for an hour or two. Everything seems to be working fine, no issues on the event log, all hardware detected and working fine.

I'm not really on top of the networking so any ideas would be helpfull, Thanks all.

:foldon:

hmm. so i'm not sure exactly what you mean.

is your desktop wired or wireless???

second, the router is probably working fine if your laptop has no issues with it. if it is wireless i'm betting it's the adapter or an IP conflict. try setting up static IPs and like mentioned above manually enter the DNS servers so that nothing is left dynamic, therefore no room for a conflict.

if the laptop has built-in wireless, baaa, if it's USB, try that on the desktop. if your are WIRED to the router with your desky, try a new NIC if changing all to static doesn't help.