i just got my 3700+ S754 and iv been playing around with it, stock is 2.4ghz. now you see when i first installed it windows booted than crashed just like if you Oc your ram to much so i set it all back to defult 3-3-3-8 and windows boots fine. but when i run games i get this memory error. saying thread couldnt be writen. any ideas>?

Edit: everythings crashing even firefox when i close the window. is there some option that i missed int he bios? AHH here comes another crash..

more edits: it seems when i put my ram back to 2.5v and 166 it works fine does that mean its getting too hot? or a bad memory contorller?

Edited by hornybluecow

Are you checking the temps?, I've found Newcastles above 2.2ghz don't seem to like temps above 55deg and furthermore have a habit of hitting those sort of temps even at standard fsb's with stock cooling, especially when gaming, in effect running your ram at 166mhz is underclocking it and theoretically your rig should be able to run 200mhz @ 2.5v quite happily, if upon checking, your temps are ok you have to assume a poor memory controller, try reloading the cpu driver from the AMD website, maybe it needs to pick up the processor change?

Some of the SD's do have memory controller issues. It has been an occuring issue on the DFI forums.