What Temperature Is Closer?

I have a Thermaltake venus 12 cooler on my 3200+ athlon 64, its a winnie by the way. Anyway core center usually reports my temps as 43 degree's C. I just recently updated my bios on my msi k8n ne0 2 plat. and the temp droped to 23 degree's. Which is closer to the actual temp, my house is kept at about 23 degree's C so I dont think it is that low but I've no idea. The cpu is NOT overclocked yet so take that into consideration.

Thank you so much for your help.

I think that the temp sensors were off before you updated your bios and it gave you a high temp but when updated the bios it correct the tempchure sensor problem and know your reading is acurate.

CoreCenter is junk, I wouldn't use it.

But everyone is right. The v1.8 bios specifically says in the update notes that it fixes inaccurate temps. However, they're also right that if you REALLY want to know your temps, you need a thermal probe.

thank you so muchfor the help. I knew the temps must be to high before but thought nothing of it really. I guess its a little closer now. Can anyone suggest a good temp probe then?