1st Build

Revo

I am about to order these parts for my first build, but first I would want to know if these parts are fine. (I plan on OC'ing and upgrading that video card sometime)

(939-Pin)DFI Lanparty nForce4 Ultra Motherboard

Amd Athlon 64 3500 Venice

1GB Corsair XMS RAM (2-3-3-6)

Gigabyte 6600GT 128MB (PCI-E)

80GB Samsung 7200RPM Hard Drive

OCZ Modstream 520Watt PSU ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected])

Silver Thermaltake Tsunami Case

Thermalright XP-90 Heatsink

Viewsonic 17" 2-Tone CRT Monitoe

Artic Silver 5 Thermalpaste

That was all my budget could allow, so is this pretty good parts for a first build?

you might want to change the ram to some tccd I know g.skill has a pretty cheap 1gb set, if you get g.skill get the LA version for 1gb and LE for 2x512. Besides that, its a pretty good setup.

tccd are the chips used on the memory modules. TCCD is made by samsung and is identifiable by the 2-2-2-x timings. tccd can usually overclocking way past 270 at great timings.

tccd are the chips used on the memory modules. TCCD is made by samsung and is identifiable by the 2-2-2-x timings.  tccd can usually overclocking way past 270 at great timings.

504497[/snapback]

Ah alright thank you. So far I have came up with this (Off Newegg)

Link

Is this is what you're talking about?

Sheesh thats really cheep, I payed like 183 for my corsair xms TCCD memory. But ya that system looks really awesome for a first build.

EDIT: In one of the reviews the guy says that he mistook them for TCCD chips, I guess they arent.

actually it looks like newegg doesnt carry the particular model i was thinking,I havent heard much about that exact model, but its got the tccd and g.skill is a great brand and always performs great. I'd expect atleast 270 @ 2.5-3-3-8 with that ram.

Guest Raven65

I'd go with an MSI Neo4 Plat. It's easier to oc and more compatible with ram if you don't know much about oc'ing.

I'd go with an MSI Neo4 Plat. It's easier to oc and more compatible with ram if you don't know much about oc'ing.

504502[/snapback]

Really? I've usually heard the DFI board was the best, maybe I need to reconsider.