Dd Csp-mag Specs!

I contacted Danger Den asking for info on their CSP-Mag Pump that I mentioned here:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/Dd_Csp_...ump-t53359.html

Here's what they wrote me (don't ask me why this info isn't on their site!):

CSP-MAG - Technical Specifications

Those specs aren't that bad, however I would advise using a DangerDen D-5 pump or an AQX 50Z pump, both of which are also 12 volt DC pumps. A little off topic but I would HIGHLY reccomend that you do NOT use that Koolance GPU waterblock. It is expensive, kills flow, doesn't cool that well anyway, and contains Al which will corrode the crap out of your system when mixed in a loop with Cu due to the galvanic reaction between the two elements. Do yourself a favor and just get the Acetal topped DD Maze 4.

i say no dont use it.. its really really weak.. 9 litres an hour is pathetic at 2.3 m pump head :) use the swiftech's one mcp 350 or 650.

504564[/snapback]

I am sure that that is meant to say 9 liters a minute.

well i just thought the mag looked cool. (and yeah, i assume it's per minute also, as that would be 540/hr which is much more realistic).

Anyways, those other pumps your recommend are much more expensive, are they worth it? Would it be better for me to get an AC one instead (hydor or enheim)? Originally I was going to have it all in my case, but my friend says he has a resevoir and radiator I can have and that it can be mounted on top of my case, so I figured I'd put the pump up top as well, shrug. Not really sure about that, we'll see. but the point being, I'm not dead set on DC anymore. Are there advantages/disadvantages to each?

EDIT: as for the koolance, really? well i know the maze 4's are good, but they just seem so small. lol. How hot does the ram on the 6800gt get? I liked the koolance because it cooled the ram too. There's the NV68, but that's almost TRIPLE the money!

Edited by ClayMeow

well not really.. just that i guess using a AC pump, you wont touch your 12V railing on your psu anymore and you can leave the pump running 24/7 even when your pc is off.. though if it is off and you start up the pc and you forgot to turn on the pump, then we have a slight problem :P

and yeah you can easily do a leak test with an AC pump but not a DC pump.. i guess it all boils down to preference and how convinient it is..

EDIT: as for the koolance, really? well i know the maze 4's are good, but they just seem so small. lol. How hot does the ram on the 6800gt get? I liked the koolance because it cooled the ram too. There's the NV68, but that's almost TRIPLE the money!

the dangerden NV68 is a waste of money.. and i think same goes for the koolance gpu block cos basically its the same principle in design.. but i believe the koolance gpu block has a much higher pressure drop as compared to the NV68. either way, problem with these waterblock, you may end up heating up the ram..hot water from the gpu will come into contact with the cooler rams and tadaa! i seen reviews on the NV68 and lol the performance gain isnt worth the cost.

i say you're better off with a dangerden maze 4 and just add in big big chunks of ram sinks ;)

well not really.. just that i guess using a AC pump, you wont touch your 12V railing on your psu anymore and you can leave the pump running 24/7 even when your pc is off.. though if it is off and you start up the pc and you forgot to turn on the pump, then we have a slight problem :P

i say you're better off with a dangerden maze 4 and just add in big big chunks of ram sinks ;)

505078[/snapback]

Very true, the ram doesn't get that hot on these cards (not NEARLY enough to necessitate watercooling, not even system ram gets that hot). Ram sinks are plenty, and many people don't even bother with those.

You can easily leak test a DC pump, ever heard of the paperclip trick?

Edited by Nagash