Baby Shot In Head

http://www.krqe.com/expanded.asp?ID=10843#a

ALBUQUERQUE -- Doctors are trying to save the life of an Albuquerque baby shot in the head by a bullet that fell from the sky Monday night. The bullet was likely fired into the air during a July 4th celebration.

The 11-month-old, named Alyssa, is being treated at UNM hospital and is in critical condition.

While she is fighting to stay alive, police are trying to find out who put her there.

One Monday night Alyssa

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Silenc3

I myself find the shooters stupidity amusing.

Wrong Place, Wrong time for the kid.

yes but it can only fall at terminal velocity. so, at least the kid wasnt hit with the bullet on it's way up

504187[/snapback]

heh the terminal velocity of a bullet is still very fast.

yea i always found it interesting watching ppl like terrorists and stuff shooting their AK's into the air as if that bullet wasn't gonna come back down lol. its really a shame it managed to hit the kid. what are the odds? haha Im suprised the kid is still alive seeing as how the speed as it returns to the earth is the same speed it left with. even if the kid survives, its probably gonna have some kind of brain damage. so sad

heh the terminal velocity of a bullet is still very fast.

504195[/snapback]

no, it's exactly the same as any other object (minus wind resistance). it can't accellerate faster than gravity pulls it.....and TV is about 128mph i think

edit: think of the arc of travel: when it hits its peak, then it comes down. there is a point when the bullet is not moving (fraction of second)