Bf2 1.01 Client Tomorrow, Server Files Out

OptikaliLLusion

Well, the server files for BF2 1.01 are out now. Expect the client tomorrow.

* Fixed in issue that caused the Multiplayer Browser to become unresponsive.

* Fixed an issue where some game controls were not available to be rebound within the Options menu.

* Fixed an issue with increasing performance degradation on servers.

* Fixed a problem with shader caching on client/host : after the first map in a rotation, shaders would be loaded on the fly during gameplay.

* Fixed a crash with rebinding LMB

* Fixed a problem that caused environment mapping to not appear on reflective surfaces.

* Fixed a crash that happened when a client picks up a kit that doesn't exist anymore.

* Fixed a problem with AI when the game was paused for a long time: bots would become unresponsive and also shoot more accurately.

* LOD distances tweaked on certain objects.

WINDOWS SERVER: ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/N...ld_2_server.exe

LINUX SERVER:

ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/N....0-installer.sh

Not my choice of bug fixes, though at least the server browser might work now.

Well i jsut ran it with my 3000+ stock and my PNY FX5200 PCI...strangely stoppem my BSOB issue yet the 6800 causes no probs in the other rig!!!! anyway, it ran WONDERFULLY at the default low settings, it truely amazed me....

Guest Jeremy
wtf... I just patched to 1.01 and now BF2 wont start.  Starts with a black screen then returns to desktop right when I try run the game.

:huh:

504401[/snapback]

Thats usually because your monitor is set at a certain refresh rate and the game is trying to start at a different one.