2 7800's In Sli Or Quadro Fx 3400?

HogDog

What do you think would better suit my needs? 2 7800's in SLI or one Quadro FX 3400? I plan on doing video and photo editing, and 3d modeling (some of you already know his as I have asked questions similar to this about 3 times)

What do you think would better suit my needs? 2 7800's in SLI or one Quadro FX 3400? I plan on doing video and photo editing, and 3d modeling (some of you already know his as I have asked questions similar to this about 3 times)

503931[/snapback]

You planning on getting a second mortgage?

Personally, I think anything past 6800GT or the X850 equivilent is just bragging rights.

If you need the extra precision and quality of a quadro, get a quadro. If you need pure speed get a 7800.

No video or photo editing programs, that I know of, will make use of SLI. Some 3d modeling programs will, but you should really consider if the added performance will be worth the cost.

What kind of CPU do you have?  That will be the main determinant in how fast you can render videos and models, not your GFX card.

503945[/snapback]

i'm geting a Athlon x2 4800

would an fx57 be better than x2 4800 in this case?

just wondering because if you have the money which I guess you do you should go for it

504233[/snapback]

He's going to be using programs that will most likely utilize the second core (multi-threaded) so he would see more of a performance benefit from the X2 series (which is geared toward number-crunching programs) than from the FX series (which is geared more toward gamers and benchers)