Maxtor

Guest Silenc3

Guest Silenc3

K so a few months back I decided to give maxtor a try, I had one about 8 years ago that was busted out of the box so i hated them.

Some convinced me that they are very good and I got bad luck.

Well, as of 15 minutes ago my new maxtor died on me.

Started beeping, wont work no more.

Now I am positive that I will never use a Maxtor Brand HD ever again.

"Luck of the draw" ... as the saying goes :)

Like I said before, never had a hard disk die on me yet. Out of..

WD, Seagate (really ancient 4gb, still running as we speak), Hitachi, Samsung, Fujitsu, Maxtor. Even got some 1gb "Conner" drive under the bed (now Seagate I think), which still works fine :P

Guest Silenc3

Every Maxtor I ever had didnt last over 3 months.

I still have an 8 year old samsung, frickin hitatchis that are ancient. my File servers have 5 10-20g drivers from the 90's.

I dont understand why maxtor just cant make things work.

hmmmm Interesting. I have never had a problem with Maxtor drives. I always use Maxtor or WD as those are the ones I don't have any trouble with.

I've used wd, seagate, maxtor, and hitachi... Seagate is #1 in my book. I've been using the same 120gb Seagate for almost 3 years now no problems. There is a 30gb seagate in my sisters computer that has been there since 1997 and its still kicking @$$ and taking names

I find that for the most part, every HD manufacturer is exactly the same. This is what always happens. People's HDs fail and they, instead of blaming the product or model, they blame the manufacturer. Then they immediately denounce that manufacturer. I had a maxtor die on me last year, but my next HD will still be a maxtor. If WD made the drive I want, I'd buy it. But I try to not be a fanboy (or a hater), but that is just me. Same thing with the Intel v. AMD and ATI v. nVidia debates.

Guest Flashstar

HDDs I trust:

Seagate,Hitachi,Maxtor sometimes...

HDDs I hate:

WD,Maxtor sometimes...,Did I say Wd?

I've used Maxtor my whole life....my 7yr old Gateway has one, and it still works, a respectable 10GB at that! My AMD rig has a 80GB maxtor and my current has a couple of 120GB maxtors. I've had NO problems so far, guess im one of the lucky ones!

I hate WD, one died on me and I lost everything on it. Im currently running Seagates and they are still going strong. The only reason I would go maxtor is because they show up as more free space in windows. ie, seagate/WD's 200gb drives show 186gb in windows, Maxtor shows 189gb.