What Did Your Max Out At?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my pressie 660 with XP-90C:

524186[/snapback]

AHHHH!!!! You bastard someone finally beat me. I bet I could get that 3.6 to around 4.6 or 4.8 though :P

Wanna let me borrow it for testing? :)

Edited by AntitrustSpider

I don't know really how to do that scince I just usually only just increase fsb and let the motherboard adjust the voltages because I don't know how much voltage to give the processor. Also why would lowering it to 4x increase speed just mean you have to rase the htt a lot to get it more mhz.

system specs

Windows 64x, Antec preformance series, 500 watt antec smart power, MSI 6800, 1.0gb ram, AMD 64 X2 4400+ @ 2.21, DFI Lan party UT Ultra-D, 80Gb SATA western digitial hd, 160GB IDE western digital HD, xp-90c, 2 90mm tornados, 2 80mm tornados, 1 120mm antec, 1 Thermaltake street fighter, Vantec Nexus fan controler, Mad dog dvd burner, Memorex CD burner

I don't know really how to do that scince I just usually only just increase fsb and let the motherboard adjust the voltages because I don't know how much voltage to give the processor. Also why would lowering it to 4x increase speed just mean you have to rase the htt a lot to get it more mhz.

system specs

Actually, the HTT Multiplier, not to be confused with the CPU mutiplier, has to do with the operation of the memory controller. You can calculate the memory contoller frequency (HTT Mult * HTT * 2) and depending on the motherboard once you exceed around 2.15GHz, this starts to be a failing point lowering the HTT multiplier should allow you more headroom to bump up that HTT from 218. Sooo, don't give up on that OC just yet

----------------------

CPU-Z version 1.28.5

----------------------

CPUID Output

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name AMD Athlon 64 3200+

Code name NewCastle

Specification AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3200+

Family/Model/Stepping FC0

Extended Family/Model F/C

Brand ID 4

Package Socket 754